Denali 293RKS Issues - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #1

California
Denali 293RKS Issues

Would like to talk to anyone that has the Denali 293RKS.
We have ten (10) items that are broken on our BRAND NEW 2014 trailer and want to see who else has had the same or other issues.

PLEASE JUST THIS TRAILER MODEL AND NO SPAMMERS
rsmith779@yaho.com

rsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:54 AM   #2

Utah
We just bought one also and I didn't take it off the lot until they fixed 1 of the slides that wouldn't retract all the way at the bottom. Other than that that's all of the issues we've had. She's going for her maiden voyage this weekend and I'm crossing my fingers. The dealer was real pleasant to work with and they flew in a tech from the slide manufacturer to fix it.

whitesides293rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #3

Washington
Denali 293RKS Issues

We just purchased a new 2014 Denali 293 RKS, Woodland interior.
We pick it up Monday April 21st. Will let you know if there are any problems.

2007 Ford F250 Super Duty Lariat, V10
Reese 16K Select series with Sidewinder Airborne
VancouverViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #4

California
Call me Mon morning PRIOR to you picking up your unit.
I had 10 issues and my unit and it is still in the repair shop (6 weeks now)
Rick 805 714 eight eight seven five. After 7am Pacific time.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:05 AM   #5

California
Any issues??? Look at the MAIN POSTS page. An owner is asking for a total issues page.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #6

Washington
We FINALLY pickup up out 293 RKS Saturday. When we first went to pick it up the dealer dropped the 5th wheel on the back of our pickup and damaged the bed. Reese took responsibility, according to the dealer, as they have had that hitch combo fail a couple time before at hook up. Great body shop fixed the truck and we were given an extra 5 year warranty on the front clip of the trailer. There was only minimal damage to the fiberglass.
See earlier posting for hitch combo. Well the dealer put in a new 20,000 lb hitch with the single jaw. They still did not install the grease correctly on the sidewinder and my son is coming over this weekend to assist in taking it apart and greasing where necessary. He has experience with doing that from his hitch. Got all the info from Reese, not a hard job, just hitch is heavy.
Well so far, we have gone over the trailer with a fine tooth comb, and have discovered no issues. I punched out the lower panel behind the bathroom sink cabinet, and installed an extra shelf. Put toilet chemicals in it. Making a pigtail so I can use my extra 30AMP cord from my other trailer, 50A is nice, but not all campgrounds have that available. Adding coat hooks, pictures, long shelf above headboard in bedroom, lazy susan to the dining table base, and already have added a 3 inch memory foam mattress pad. Bought a king size one at Costco and cut it to fit with an electric knife. Will update after our first camping trip next week.
VancouverViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:12 PM   #7

Tires, Tires, just experienced our second blow out! Raises heck with the fairings/shrouds, bot BO's on right side, both on short trips, first less than 50 miles and the second about 100 miles. Was planning on a long national parks trip but now will wait until the confidence level increases or ?????? Made sure tires were at 60psi which, in my opinion should be good. Did Dutchman put on a bad batch of tires for their 2011 models? Or do I have all the luck?
DavidPLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:37 AM   #8

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidPLarson View Post
Tires, Tires, just experienced our second blow out! Raises heck with the fairings/shrouds, bot BO's on right side, both on short trips, first less than 50 miles and the second about 100 miles. Was planning on a long national parks trip but now will wait until the confidence level increases or ?????? Made sure tires were at 60psi which, in my opinion should be good. Did Dutchman put on a bad batch of tires for their 2011 models? Or do I have all the luck?
What brand of tire? What's is the date code on the tires? 2011 model was probably made in 2010. Your looking at tires that are probably 4 to 5 years old, which is pushing it. Especially the Chinese tires that the factory installs. Time for a new set!

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote