Denali 262RLX Fifth wheel. questions.. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2017, 12:34 AM   #1

Arizona
Denali 262RLX Fifth wheel. questions..

So, we have a new Denali 262RLX fifth wheel, and our dealer was somewhat less than informative on a few questions.. Was wondering if anybody had one and could answer a question or two.. First question, is would anyone know the best way to store the two chairs in the back for travel when the slide is in? The dealer just jammed them up against the entry door, and called it good enough..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CBSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:54 AM   #2

Colorado
CB,
Well...please post a picture of the issue and I'm sure we can provide some help.

Not sure what kind of chairs you're talking about. Folding chairs? Recliners? So a pic would be most helpful.

If you've never used a program like Photobucket to store pics and be able to post them in a forum...lemme know and I'll send you a tutorial.

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:06 PM   #3

Arizona
As you can see in the photos, the chairs will not fit between the slide and the back wall. The left chair is good, but i'm not sure where the other chair should go during transport. Putting is in front of the entry door has already marred the cabinet

Old 01-22-2017, 02:08 PM   #4

Arizona
I also found the hooks behind the couch, but the make no sense.. Is the second chair supposed to go on the couch?
Old 01-22-2017, 04:44 PM   #5

Colorado
Hmmm...so perhaps...in the 3rd picture I see the left chair is point at the slide. If you were to turn it 90 degrees, to face the camera, and then slide the right chair over next to it. Will the slide close?

In the second picture do I see a black strap over the arm of the "left" chair? Is that meant to tie it in place during travel?

I did learn with a Jayco that you have to get inventive to figure out how to get things positioned for travel. We did learn to keep a couple of "fleecy" blankets to fold and hang over the back of the chairs to keep them from damaging the kitchen base cabinets. Did figure out where to mount a couple of folding hooks so that we could use a strap to hold the chairs in place. Typically pinning them back against the Kitchen base cabinets on one side and the fridge enclosure on the other. That's where the fleecy blankets come in...between the chair and the cabinets.

Thoughts?

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:58 PM   #6

Washington
On the first pics it should clear shouldn't it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #7

Ontario
Took me awhile to figure it out as well, but you are correct the first chair when you enter the door straps in place right to the floor, the second is meant to go on the couch and strap down. I didn't like the way it fit and we never use the chairs. instead we place dog crates where the second chair went, and leave the chair at home. But I did notice that I have a mounted coffee table between the two chairs not empty space like yours.

you are now the third member I know of that own a 262 RLX: you, me and another gentleman named HarryB

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie 4X4 CTD
2011 Dutchmen Denali 262 RLX
drogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:30 AM   #8

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogers View Post
Took me awhile to figure it out as well, but you are correct the first chair when you enter the door straps in place right to the floor, the second is meant to go on the couch and strap down. I didn't like the way it fit and we never use the chairs. instead we place dog crates where the second chair went, and leave the chair at home. But I did notice that I have a mounted coffee table between the two chairs not empty space like yours.

you are now the third member I know of that own a 262 RLX: you, me and another gentleman named HarryB

Awesome.. found another 262RLX owner.. I did mess with it more, and It appeared as thought the chair was meant to secure to the couch, that is for verifying my suspicions. Don't like that idea at all.. I think as someone else had mentioned, I may put some type of throw over it for transport and somehow maybe secure to the other chair in front of the door.. Kind of wished we had the end table, but we'll find something portable I guess. Unit was a holdover, and we got shorted a few things, end table, tv, battery, but the price was too good to pass up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #9

Washington
We own a Denali 262rlx

So we own a 2013 262rlx.

The way we store the chairs while traveling is this:

Chair closest to the door, gets turned 90* with the back facing the wall to the right of the door (as you stand inside the trailer, looking at the door). We then place a towel over it to keep it from rubbing against knob for window and/or anything else. We don't strap ours down and have never had any issues.

Chair #2 - the one that won't fit with the slide in. That one was not the clearest for us either, and what I have done and what has worked well is to take down the dinette into sleeper mode, remove the cushions and place them on their sides (vertically) then lay down towels to protect the table top etc. and finally pick up Chair #2, and lay it on its side on the towels on the tabletop. It has worked very well, allowing us the ability to get by everything with the slide in when needed, and has never moved.

So that is what has worked best for us. Hope that helps.

Oh and ours didn't come with a end table or anything for between the chairs, so we bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It folds up flat (measuring like 2" thick or so) and we store it in drawer under couch. When its up, we switch between using it as a foot rest and flipping the top over, where its hard on the other side and use it as an end table situated between the chairs.
West1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:38 PM   #10

British Columbia
Chair storage

We have a 626RLX which is a 2011 model. The chairs are slightly different from yours, so I don't know if this will work for you. Picture attached (hopefully).
For the first few years we would dismantle the table (we have dinette type) and store one of the chairs between the benches of the dinette. It works, but it is a PIA to lug the chairs around each time we set up. So we started experimenting with ways to store them, and this is what we ended up with. We wrap the swivel legs with a cushion or old towel to stop it from damaging the wood trim of the slide. When the slide comes in, it just snugs the chairs together. There is no great pressure exerted on the slide or on the wall by the door.
We have friends with same model Denali, but their chairs are larger than ours, so they can't use this method. They ended up just removing 1 chair.
Maybe this can work for your chairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chair Storage.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	3913  
Old 05-08-2017, 03:17 AM   #11

Washington
Our dealer told us to take the table apart and store the second chair there. That was a lot of work, but it did work. Since then we removed the sofa and keep the second chair where the sofa was installed. Much better setup. We added small tables by each chair. Works well for us
Old 05-25-2017, 05:07 AM   #12

Oklahoma
My husband and I are in the process of buying a new 2016 (which is really 2 years old now that the 2018s are out. So add Sam and Jackie to the list. We should take possession within two weeks. I think we'll be taking one of the recliners out. Sounds like a hassle with two.
Bixbychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:14 AM   #13

Oklahoma
You said you have dogs. How does the vinyl material on the recliner and couch hold up with them?
Old 05-25-2017, 12:45 PM   #14

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixbychick View Post
You said you have dogs. How does the vinyl material on the recliner and couch hold up with them?
I have no vinyl material on either the couch or chairs? Sorry you'd have to post pictures of what you are talking about on that issue. but apart from that I have no issues with wear from the dogs. I do have two English Springer Spaniels so they are active, hence they are hard on everything and anything.

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie 4X4 CTD
2011 Dutchmen Denali 262 RLX
drogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:34 PM   #15

Oklahoma
Look at CSAW's pictures on page one. That's what mine look like only black.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:51 AM   #16

Arizona
Ours vinyl holds up good with our small cocker spaniels... and like everyone else, we needed up removing the second chair completely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2017, 10:37 PM   #17

Oklahoma
Recliner problems

Moving the recliners is a pain in the butt. We took one out and put it in the house. Those things are heavy. Who wants to lift it onto the dinette? Wish I could think of a way to move the one we kept in the RV without requiring two people.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:38 PM   #18

Oklahoma
Thanks for the info. We just got home from spending a week in our Denali and had no problem with the dog on the sofa and recliner. I do have a problem with keeping my kitchen sink clean. It seems to stain so easily.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:12 AM   #19

Oklahoma
Quote:
Moving the recliners is a pain in the butt. We took one out and put it in the house. Those things are heavy. Who wants to lift it onto the dinette? Wish I could think of a way to move the one we kept in the RV without requiring two people.
I found some furniture movers at Walmart and put them under the recliner and it is so much easier to move. : ) It says you can leave them in place, hopefully it won't move when we're on the road. We will still strap it down just in case.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #20

Washington
Quote:
I don't personally find them that heavy, and easy enough to move...but I'm also 33 and pretty strong. We couldn't live without the two chairs (I'd get rid of the couch before the chairs) as my wife and I love sitting in them enjoying our coffee and looking out the windows each morning.

Whatever works for people though. Overall, this is our first trailer and I have found few things I dislike about it.

West1134 is offline   Reply With Quote