Cable Hook-up 2009 Denali 5er - 31 RKBS-M5 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2015, 01:43 AM   #1

British Columbia
Cable Hook-up 2009 Denali 5er - 31 RKBS-M5

I found where the cable hooks up from the outside, but it doesn't seem like this is the only spot. The spot I found is around 10 feet up and around five feet to the left of the entrance door. That seems to be better suited to hook up cable so you can have a TV sitting on the table just left of the entrance door.

I walked around many times over the last year and just can't find it or the connection for a land line telephone.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:01 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzenpauls View Post
I found where the cable hooks up from the outside, but it doesn't seem like this is the only spot. The spot I found is around 10 feet up and around five feet to the left of the entrance door. That seems to be better suited to hook up cable so you can have a TV sitting on the table just left of the entrance door.

I walked around many times over the last year and just can't find it or the connection for a land line telephone.
I haven't seen telephone connections in many years. The cable/satellite input should be a double plug cover, similar to an outside electrical plug. Typically they will be mounted on the left side of the trailer.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:10 AM   #3

New Jersey
While I am not familiar with your particular unit, it sounds like the hookup you found is for connecting an outside TV. The main cable/satellite TV input would typically be near where your electric, and water connections are.

I haven't seen a landline connection in an RV since my travel trailer from the 90s. Most people use cellular for phone, and if you are in a campground for a long time, you can sometimes get internet as an add on from the local cable company.

We spend 5 weeks at a time in a campground where I work out of the RV. We have an account with Comcast, and my own cable modem. I run my own wi-fi network, and have an IP phone for work, and an Ooma phone line that our home phone forwards too.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:29 AM   #4

British Columbia
I too thought it would be at the back by the power, but nothing on that side...and have had the unit for over a year! It does have a land line telephone connection as there is the inside connection for a phone in the kitchen. Trying to find another same 5th wheel owner in this forum group to see if they know anything.