5er Accessories - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2017, 12:06 PM   #1

Texas
5er Accessories

My 5er will be ready for delivery on Friday. If I don't find a truck by then, I will hire one to deliver for me.

That said,what accessories will I need? I know I will need landing pads and what else? Probably will also need a drinking water safe hose. The camper is new so some stuff may come with it. I will have a walk-through instructional with a technician before I take possession. So I'm sure he will let me know so I can buy it from HIM.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:14 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
My 5er will be ready for delivery on Friday. If I don't find a truck by then, I will hire one to deliver for me.

That said,what accessories will I need? I know I will need landing pads and what else? Probably will also need a drinking water safe hose. The camper is new so some stuff may come with it. I will have a walk-through instructional with a technician before I take possession. So I'm sure he will let me know so I can buy it from HIM.
Some stuff does come with them, an uninstalled toilet paper holder. Blue stuff for the holding tanks and, um,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think that's it.

You'll need a sewer hose and adapters. The dealer may let go of a gift card to be used in his parts store, ask him and you can shop the expensive store first.

There's a list of things needed on here somewhere but someone will post it for you.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:30 PM   #3

Wyoming
Yeah, the big 4 are...

* Wheel chocks... I use a couple of large aircraft chocks that I obtained from a friend, but any type of good ones will do. Some prefer the scissor-type that go between the tandem tires to really lock them in place.

* Drinking Water hose... 25' will do for most sites, but I have needed more. After a couple years now, I figured out that carrying two 25' hoses work well... and since I spent this past winter in a colder clime than I'd have liked, one of the hoses is now electrically heated. (Bonus item... male & female quick connects to connect to the rig & each other quickly)

* Sewer hose & cradle. The bayonet style fittings are standard, and hoses come in various lengths (10', 15', 20'). Personally, I like the cam-loc style better, but it's more expensive. Like the water hose, I find that 20' is usually long enough, but at times I have needed longer. As for the cradle... they allow the hose to work better (sloped), and many campgrounds require they be used. If the hose is just laying on the ground, it doesn't drain completely.

* Coax cable for cable tv... most campgrounds offer some type of cable tv system, but you'll need your own coax to connect. 25' usually does it, but not always. (Bonus... order one from Amazon with easy-grip twist connectors. You'll appreciate them when trying to connect in the dark, or in the rain, or worse yet... hard to access connection points.)

Other items, you'll find what works for you. I started with a full set of dishes & silverware... now down to a couple of plates, forks, spoons, etc. Same with cookware. As for leveling pads and such, that really depends on the type of stabilization gear you have (manual, electric, hydraulic), and the type of terrain you camp on.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote