2009 Dutchman 24B 5th wheel - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #1

Pennsylvania
2009 Dutchman 24B 5th wheel

Hi everyone. I'm new to the camping scene and to this forum. I just purchased a 2009 Dutchman M5 24B 5th wheel camper. It's in pretty nice shape and for $5995 I think I did good on the price. I am open to any suggestions for using this camper and was wondering if anyone had an owners manual or know where I could obtain one. I plugged it into 110 volt power and have a new deep cycle battery in it but I don't feel that the battery is charging. When plugged in to the power supply, if I unhook the battery then the lights inside do not work. I don't think this is normal. Is there a switch I need to flip to switch from battery to external power? Does anyone know where the power converter is? The fuse panel is just inside the front door. I checked the power outlets and there is 110 volts when plugged in. Sorry for all the questions and thank you in advance for any help.
Jason

jasonquick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:12 PM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Not a bad deal.

There probably isn't a manual specific to your trailer, most manuals anymore are pretty generic and you get a stack of individual manuals for the various appliances. Many of those are still available from the manufacturers websites.

You may have a bad converter or you may have one that requires that the battery be hooked up to work properly, or you may have a blown fuse somewhere.

I would start by taking a voltage reading at the battery unplugged and then plugged in. The number should be higher plugged in. If not time to check fuses and the circuits.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #3

Pennsylvania
I checked it out and found that the 4 30 amp fuses for reverse polarity protection were missing. Now it works fine.
jasonquick75 is offline   Reply With Quote