water pressure regulator - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #1

British Columbia
water pressure regulator

Should the water pressure regulator be attached to the trailer inlet or the water outlet at the site or does it matter. Thanks.

wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #2

British Columbia
I attach the regulator to the outlet at the site..I don't think it matters though. But it will protect the supply hose as well to high pressure. The bottom line is to protect the trailer water lines from high pressure and potential lines and fitting bursting.

Hope this help
Coops

Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #3

British Columbia
Great. Thanks a lot.
wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #4

Saskatchewan
Thumbs up

Here's something as a suggestion. I added my regulator to the end of the garden hose closest to the RV. I then added one of those quick connect adapters that I got at the garden centre Shop Gilmour Metal Quick Connector Set with Overmold at Lowes.com The male end I securely fastened to my trailer and use a foam ear plug to plug the hole while we are on the road. When it's time to set up, DW can hook up the water and electrical while I do more of the heavier things. We also don't have a puddle of water where the water line enters the trailer as we get a snug fit every time.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #5

Colorado
I was using the quick connects but had to take them off at one campground where the water pressure was so high that they leaked no matter what I did. I am going to rework the way I have everything hooked when I winterize. I may bite the bullet and get industrial quick connects.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #6

Quebec
I use those quick connects too between the hose and the trailer connection. Just one caution though, based on what I found today when doing some general maintenance ..... when you attach the male end of the quick-connect hardware to the trailer it hides the little screen strainer that is supposed to stop miscellaneous particles from getting into the system. When I happened to remove my quick-connect today I found the screen to be quite dirty. Just a reminder. I may decide to remove that screen and use one at the other end of the hose that is easier to see and clean. The fewer screens, the better the water pressure.
2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:39 AM   #7

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmiles View Post
When I happened to remove my quick-connect today I found the screen to be quite dirty.
I have a filter in line after the pressure regulator so I am not too concerned with particles.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:09 AM   #8

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
I was using the quick connects but had to take them off at one campground where the water pressure was so high that they leaked no matter what I did. I am going to rework the way I have everything hooked when I winterize. I may bite the bullet and get industrial quick connects.
If you put the pressure regulator on the faucet at the rv site would that not control the pressure so that your quick connects won't leak. or are you using quick connects on the pressure regulator too? Hmm don't make sense to me.
mhbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #9

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbell View Post
If you put the pressure regulator on the faucet at the rv site would that not control the pressure so that your quick connects won't leak..
No, you are correct, it would. I had made up a system in the basement of the coach where everything was pretty much self contained and semi-permanent. The quick connects were between the back flow preventer and the beginning of my semi-permanent stuff.

I am going to rework what I have done somewhat, and either eliminate the quick connects or use some commercial duty ones.