TV antenna/Cable connections? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #1

TV antenna/Cable connections?

We purchased a Dutchman Komfort 3050QB about 4 months ago. Apparently the antenna connection is available at all three TV locations but cable/satellite TV is only available at the main location in the living area. Is there a "hack" that makes it possible to have the cable connection the bedroom TV locations? I doubt we'd ever use the antenna, so I don't mind sacrificing it if it need be.

I thought it might be possible to switch the antenna & cable inputs and bypass or unhook the antenna booster. HELP!

Thanks in advance!

Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #2

Re: TV antenna/Cable connections?

Backfeed off the satellite receiver's coax connector. You'll have to view the same channel on all sets but this should work.

hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #3

I hate to sound like an idiot, but what exactly do you mean by "backfeed"? Screw the satellite coax onto the antenna coax lead on the booster?
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #4

If your satellite receiver has 2 coax connectors, one will be for input and this is the one that attaches to the cable coming from the dish. If you have a second coax then this is for output. On my receivers, I can choose to output to the TV via that second coax or I can use HDMI or Component Video connections. On the primary TV, I use HDMI. If you can determine which coax cable runs to your bedroom TV, then connect it to the receivers second coax. Basically, have the living room TV connected via HDMI or Component and the Bedroom connected via the second coax. Both rooms will then share the receiver with the downside being both rooms have to be on the same channel. Hope this helps.
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #5

Same issue for us with the cable layout in our trailer. Only the main TV in the dining area works off of the incoming cable jack, all other locations come off of the other connection at the rear of the trailer. Make up a small splitter with a one in two out configuration, two small coax jumpers and send the incoming cable you are connecting to into both of the outside jacks. now all TVs' will have cable.
TheWeltons is offline   Reply With Quote