Swing out Grill - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2014, 04:50 AM   #1

British Columbia
Swing out Grill

Took delivery of my Coleman 244bhs. Was in a rush during the walk through as my wife is pregnant and due at any moment. The tech doing the walk through did not bring it up and I did not ask about the grill stand.

I took out the stove today in the driveway and the attachment that slides onto the swing arm. Not exactly seeing how the stove can safely sit on the metal grate that slides onto the arm.

Anyone that has one of these can you help a guy out with pictures or thoughts?

Thanks!

Matt51184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #2

British Columbia
Hi, Matt

Congratulations, start them off camping young and they will remember the good times for life.

Have you checked your owners package? There is usually an OEM manual for each of the appliances in your camper. If you don't have one I would suggest that you go to the manufacturers web site. There are several different RV. grills on the market and they are all a bit different in mounting.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:31 AM   #3

British Columbia
Just an update. I took pics, and contacted Dutchmen. They stated that I did have it installed correctly but that they had no pics of it set up. I explained that there is absolutely no way that anyone would be able to cook on it as the stove sits on the metal grate like a teeter totter (see-saw)....Heres the reply.

You have this set up right and unfortunately that is the way the unit works. All you do is set the grill on top of the holder and that’s that.
If it was me, I would either put my grill on a picnic table or put couple pces. of wood on the holder to even it up and make a table out of it.
Sorry but you do have it set up right and using it like it should be.

Thank you,

Doug Huffman
Retail Advisor
Matt51184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #4

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt51184 View Post
Just an update. I took pics, and contacted Dutchmen. They stated that I did have it installed correctly but that they had no pics of it set up. I explained that there is absolutely no way that anyone would be able to cook on it as the stove sits on the metal grate like a teeter totter (see-saw)....Heres the reply.

You have this set up right and unfortunately that is the way the unit works. All you do is set the grill on top of the holder and that’s that.
If it was me, I would either put my grill on a picnic table or put couple pces. of wood on the holder to even it up and make a table out of it.

Thank you,

Doug Huffman
Retail Advisor

Well in defense of Dutchmen - they did not manufacturer the arm - some other non-RV/camping savvy manufacturer did!

I'd love to go camping with some of these "engineers" for a week and see what their comments would be with some of the idiot ideas that they think will work!!!!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt51184 View Post

Thank you,

Doug Huffman
Retail Advisor
Just out of curiosity can you post the picture here?

There is a lot of stuff out there that looks good on paper but ain't worth a crap in the real world. I routinely get in trouble at work for pointing this out.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Just out of curiosity can you post the picture here?

There is a lot of stuff out there that looks good on paper but ain't worth a crap in the real world. I routinely get in trouble at work for pointing this out.

Aaron
Me too, I'm not a team player, I don't think outside the box, I'm in a rut, etc, etc, etc.

Best job I ever had is being retired.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote