Stabizer jacks 298 RLSL Kodiak - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2019, 03:40 PM   #1

Montana
Smile Stabizer jacks 298 RLSL Kodiak

Are there better stab jacks? Have added an after market portable jack but still have movement.

Osprey767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:22 PM   #2

Tennessee
If you want rock solid go with Steadyfast Stabilizers, I got tired of feeling like I was on a boat. Any jack or tire chock will have some movement.

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...zers-7367.html

Old 03-20-2019, 03:39 PM   #3

Illinois
Or JT Strongarms. Putting those on my trailer this spring, hate the wiggle we feel anytime a kid rolls over in the bunk in the back.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #4

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdii View Post
Or JT Strongarms. Putting those on my trailer this spring, hate the wiggle we feel anytime a kid rolls over in the bunk in the back.
I would seriously research both brands before buying the Lippert setup. Way more arms to install, more work to setup and take down. I had a question on the Steadyfast system, I called and the owner answered the phone, he was a pleasure to talk to and answered all of my questions. I only have 3 places to tighten and the pinch points require very little pressure to secure. The JT stabilizer arms require you to crank them down hard because you have to prevent the tubes from sliding in and out. The Steady fast arms are a solid piece that can't slip in or out after securing them.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:41 PM   #5

Illinois
I already have the strongarms, bought them two years ago, just never installed them. My last two seasons went to crap due to a pickup that towed like crap due to a bad steering unit. I got a new truck last August that tows beautifully so now hoping this year to get back into camping. Putting a few upgrades into my trailer instead selling a buying a bigger one. Since I already have the JT, going to go ahead and install them. Provided of course that I can, I have reservations on where the frame meets the jacks and the angles may be too extreme.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #6

Tennessee
I guess already owning them is a good reason to use them. I'm sure they can be installed on any camper with enough ingenuity.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:10 PM   #7

Illinois
Hopefully without breaking the belly pan liner. They use swivel eye links on both ends, so hoping the angle isn't too extreme that they bind, that and the trailer is a low rider, have to drop the nose almost to the ground in order to get under it.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:21 AM   #8

Michigan
I know they are old fashioned, but the old jack stands work well, no movement with them.

capeharj is offline   Reply With Quote