So I now have purchased a new CTS16FB ... what next? - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2017, 09:08 PM   #41

Texas
Some husbands just get it. Looking out for ya!

2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:27 AM   #42

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
Some husbands just get it. Looking out for ya!
Totally!

PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:35 AM   #43

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdii View Post
It is one of the few mods I plan on mine this year, that cranking can be tiresome after a while. Two other mods, one which I already have the parts for is a countertop extension next to the sink, and a draw bar on the screen door. That one bugs me that they don't put a handle on the door for closing it.

Last year the first thing I did was replaced all the incandescent bulbs with LED's, makes it much brighter inside, though wish they were a little warmer, but considering that I am using less than a 1/3rd of the power the incs used. I also found some round stick on LED lights that use AA batteries for the under storage areas. One other thing I found that came in real handy, those Commander hooks, the ones that stick on and can be pulled off. I have them all over the camper now for hanging towels and other items, especially the fly swatter!

If you don't have them yet, bubble levels are great for setting up. I have one on the very front and one on the curb side, I can almost see the front one in my mirrors, but its too small to actually see the bubble. They are very inexpensive too.
My lights are already LED (yay!), must be a 2017 model change. But I definitely plan on the battery operated puck lights as well as the 3M hooks. I might have to wait until I'm in the unit a couple of trips before hanging the hooks, though, so I know where they want to go.

My next task is to add a battery cut off switch on the battery case. The parts are on order, but the installation may have to wait until it's a bit warmer!

Maybe it's a good thing I bought it a few months before I'll be able to use it!
Old 01-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #44

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamW View Post
My husband bought me a power hitch for Christmas which included installation by the dealer. I was going to try to live with the crank for a season or two before deciding whether or not to splurge.

Now, my husband had already scheduled the installation appointment when he bought it. It just happened to be yesterday when it was a high of 10 degrees here! Thank goodness for gloves as that metal was COLD. After connecting/disconnecting once with the crank then once with the power, I'm TOTALLY sold!
If the power hitch would somehow fail, is there a way to crank it manually or are you up the creek?
twocell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:41 PM   #45

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by twocell View Post
If the power hitch would somehow fail, is there a way to crank it manually or are you up the creek?
It can crank manually if the motor / power fails. I'm assuming it will be much more difficult to operate than a standard crank (kind of like when the power steering/brakes goes out in your car).
Old 01-17-2017, 10:44 PM   #46

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamW View Post
It can crank manually if the motor / power fails. I'm assuming it will be much more difficult to operate than a standard crank (kind of like when the power steering/brakes goes out in your car).
Good to know. I wonder if the same is true for the power stabilizer jacks on some trailers.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:34 AM   #47
Site Team

North Carolina
For the power jack, you take the top cap off and there should be a place to fit a handle that came with it. Actually it isn't any harder to crank than the original manual jack, might be geared a bit lower so you have to crank more though.

As far as electric stabilizers, depends on the brand. Some you have to remove the motor to crank them up manually, others you don't. Removing the motor on the ones I looked at wasn't too big a deal, IIRC you had a couple of bolts to undo.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:37 AM   #48

California
It is not more difficult, I had to do mine once

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:46 AM   #49

Missouri
You all are great. I'm getting alot of useful info on here.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:35 PM   #50

Arkansas
My jacks the opposite side of motor has the connection for hand crank Coleman light 2855 bh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

meterman is offline   Reply With Quote