slideout pulley bracket problem - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #1

Missouri
slideout pulley bracket problem

I have an 18 Coleman light lx with one slide. As far as I can tell coleman is now in thedutchmen/ keystone family. Back in august, on day 2 of a 3 day trip, one of the slide pulley brackets popped 2 screw heads and dislocated upward. I was able to pull the slide in. Camping world provided an unsatisfactory fix in which they drilled out the two broken screws and replaced them with bigger screws. The problem is that the bracket appears to have been mounted wrong at the factory. It is also no flush with the wall at the bottom. It's tilted upward to the right, which shoves the pulley into the trim and misaligns the cables increasing their risk of rubbing other components. I really don't want to keep going back to camping world or a dealer at all. Has anybody relocated or replaced one of these brackets? Im not sure how big the backer is behind the wall and have even seen examples of a plate being attached to the wall for increased strength and then attaching the bracket to that plate?

***UPDATE*** I left it alone while in winter storage. Upon starting to prepare the trailer for spring camping the lower left bolt head has broken off again. I am considering loosening the cables and relocating the pulley downward 1/2" or so if I can determine that there is something behind the wall for the screws to grab. I am trying to avoid a long drive to the dealership where it will sit forever and they will likely repeat the poor repair.

The attached pic is post dealership repair, but now the left lower screw head is broken off
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181117_133042372.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	5275  

Lyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:18 PM   #2

Florida
They did it that way because that is where the wood is. If the put the three screws in a row it would have split the 1 by they have behind. my theory. besides, mine is the same way.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:22 PM   #3

Missouri
That makes sense to me, but the other side is set perfectly straight/level, which is part of the reason I began to question the odd angle in the first place. pic below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181117_133157378.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	5276  
Lyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:26 PM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyleg View Post
That makes sense to me, but the other side is set perfectly straight/level, which is part of the reason I began to question the odd angle in the first place. pic below

like I said, mine is the same... on both sides, one straight one angled as yours. I actually thought about straightening it but then I looked at some of the vids on youtube and they were the same.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:56 AM   #5

Arizona
forget Camping World and ask Dutchman for a warrant dealer in your area!
Yamaha YXZ is offline   Reply With Quote