Slideout fuse and motor?? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #1

Texas
Slideout fuse and motor??

Greetings:

I have a 2013 Denali 262RB and am trying to find the main room slide out fuse and motor. I do not see them from the outside and have not found them inside. Does anyone know where they might be? I checked the fuse panel (which is in a cabinet blocked when the slide is in) and do not see a fuse for the slide in the breaker box.

Regards,

Dave

dave56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:28 AM   #2

Oregon
The motors vary from slide out style. there is basically 2 options out there. The standard electric slide that has 2 push/pull rods underneath the slideout and nothing on the sides that motor will be in the underbelly of the unit and then there is swintech slides which have two rails on each side of the slide that look like a worm trail in the middle. Those motors are actually right there on each side of the slide out.

If your slide out isnt working its more than likely a bad ground. There isnt any fuses for them.

Irish Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #3

Texas
Irish:

I was able to determine that it is the Happy Jac slide room with the motor in the belly. The motor appears to be about two feet behind my door steps opposite the slide.

Do you think that it is "hardwired" to the battery or a junction with no 12v fuse link? I do not see any notation for it being wired to the fuse panel.

Thanks for your comments,

Dave
Old 04-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #4

Oregon
I've see it wired multiple ways. If there is no fuse labeled happy jack then it is wired direct. Every trailer seems to be different. Some require a battery for the slide to work some will run off the converter.

Is your slide not working? If its not verify that the trailer is plugged in, if it still doesn't work verify your battery is over 12volts, if it still doeant work verify the ground is good. Usually the ground is up front by the tongue near the relays. Without being able to put hands on your trailer its hard for me to troubleshoot it. Easy way to tell if the ground is bad is by checking for 12volts at the slide switch. Hope this helps.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #5

Texas
My slide is working! When I discovered that my fuse panel was blocked by the slide, I became curious as to where the slide fuse might be! In case while in travel, I needed access to a fuse, say the refer fuse for example. My concern was if the slide is fused in the panel, than I would have to hand crank before even getting access to fuses.

I am trying to learn the trailer in event of road side repair! Thanks for your time. I did not know about checking the 12v at the switch, that makes sense. All of my other RVs had access to fuse and breaker panel at all times. I am thinking about turning the fuse panel around so that it faces the bathroom instead of being blocked by slide.

Dave
Old 04-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #6

Michigan
Irish Maniac - First I would like to say welcome to the Dutchmen Owners forum! You must have big brass one's to admit to working for Dutchmen on this forum!! I think you will be overwhelmed with comments and questions I hope you can endure the stress and continue as you have started! I must say it a real treat for all of us to have someone on-board with actual knowledge of company polices and repair procedures, and that also has first hand, on the floor, knowledge of the Dutchmen product lines and their repairs.

I must say that I do my share of Dutchmen bashing on here as we have had more than our fair share of difficulty with our Voltage. But all in all we still like the Voltage for the most part and most of the dissatisfaction with the brand could be cured by a little better communication from the factory powers with their customers. When I send and e-mail to a known contact and get completely ignored without even a reply I get PIS-----, ah, totally upset!

So hang in there!! I'm think'en your going to be busy!
Two Harleys
Aronious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #7

Texas
Agree! I missed the part that Irish was part of the Dutchmen team. Great to have someone with actual knowledge on board. This Denali is my 5th RV and 4th trailer. It is also my first ever new trailer. We took our first shake-down trip last weekend and did not do too bad. Much to my dissapointmant, I had two plumbing connections that were loose (water pump and black tank sprayer under bathroom sink) and so I had a flooded floor! However the unit is in warranty, so we will have to work through that.

It will be interesting to see what help Irish can offer us. I have written two emails to Dutchmen service and they have replied both times. Once they were spot on with information (about waxing decals) the second time they were incorrect about which slide I had on my particular trailer. I suspect that there is no consistancy with add on products.

I am glad to get whatever information I can from folks like Irish.

Dave
Old 04-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #8

Michigan
Let me quote Irish Maniac for clarification here:

" I too own a 311BH and I also work for Dutchmen Mfg service shop in Clackamas Oregon. Whatever the Dealer cant/wont fix will get sent to a Dutchmen MFG service shop to be repaired."

I'm not clear at the moment in what capacity he is employed at the service shop but he seem's to have a wealth of knowledge about the products.

I'm don't know if the "Irish Maniac" will be of a lot of help with the warranty issues some of us are having other than to possibly point us in a better direction. But I do think that he has a wealth information on Dutchmen units that will benefit all of us.
Two Harleys
Aronious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:27 AM   #9

Oregon
Yes I do work for Dutchmen but believe me I am on your side. I am a service tech and I deal with you guys all day long and by you guys I mean unsatisfied customers. By the time I receive a customers unit they are beyond mad and in most cases to the point of law suit. I know and recognize the quality issues with many units ranging from the smallest cheapest denali all the way up to the biggest and most expensive units which are usually 6 figure units like the Voltage and Infinity. Alot of the issues honestly arise from being in a hurry. The demand for the units is so high that the plants crank out trailers at a high rate and unfortunately things get missed. Sometimes its a minor miss and sometimes its a major miss. I am well aware of the dutchmen bashing and it doesnt bother me, everyone is entitled to their thoughts and has the right to express them. Thats what public forums like this are for. My main goal is to try and help the people here that might have a unit out of warranty or they are unhappy with the answers they get from a dealer.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #10

Texas
Irish:

Thanks for your time and effort. I have been a member of three different forums depending on the RV I own. By and large all RVs high dollar or low dollar are prone to failures. It is great to have a tech with some real knowledge on the forum to give us pointers.

I have owned what was supposed to be two of the finest quality products (Mobile Scout and Newmar coach) and they too had problems. So, the minor water leaks I have had and some of the design over-sites I expect.

I actually bought the Denali for its better floor plan and did not expect it to be one of the best ever trailers. I do expect some issues that must be worked through. You are in a good position to help those customers who are at their wits end, good luck with that!

Dave
Old 06-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #11

New York
3 slide outs not working

I have a 2013 Dutchman Denali 324LBS, I used the fifth up until last week. This morning I went into the unit and went to put out the slides and I have no response from the switches. I have power to the rv and all the lights seem to be working. I checked the battery compartment for loose wires and nothing seems to be out of place.
I made a appointment for mid July for a Warranty repair but If I could get any ideas to fix it myself, to me this would be a bonus. I know it must be a fuse or ground problem being that all three slides are not responding. Does anyone know if there might be inline fuses in the wall behind the fuse panel?
To the gentleman that has the leaking black water flush in the rear bathroom. I had this problem too, I carefully took apart the bathroom vanity panels below the sink and was able to use Teflon tape and screw in the PVC connection better than was done at the factory. Mission accomplished, took me an hour to do.
I would appreciate any help with the slider problem thanks
Pfc263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #12

Quebec
I am not familiar with your model, but it sounds like your slides are electric (as opposed to hydraulic) since you have multiple switches. If you don't find any 12-volt fuses inside the trailer labeled 'slides', then you almost surely have inline fuses for the slides. Look around and you might find them. I had a similar problem once with a previous 5th wheel when the electric leveling jacks stopped working. I eventually found a 20 or 30-amp fuse that was unmarked inside the battery compartment. Good luck.
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #13

Quebec
PS - further to my above comment, you are most likely just looking for one fuse since none of your slides are working.

kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote