Owner's Manual for '01 Komfort 25' bumper pull tr - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2016, 05:51 AM   #1

Montana
Owner's Manual for '01 Komfort 25' bumper pull tr

Have been searching the internet for hours trying to find some place we can get an owner's manual for this used 2001 Komfort trailer we just purchased. Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

pedersenfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedersenfolks View Post
Have been searching the internet for hours trying to find some place we can get an owner's manual for this used 2001 Komfort trailer we just purchased. Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately the owner's manuals for most RV's are extremely generic, here is the only manual I could find for your year of trailer along with the addendum. What you need to do is make a list of all your appliances, their model numbers and serial numbers then hit up the manufacturer's websites for the specific manuals. If any questions pop up come back here and ask away.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:29 PM   #3

Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately the owner's manuals for most RV's are extremely generic, here is the only manual I could find for your year of trailer along with the addendum. What you need to do is make a list of all your appliances, their model numbers and serial numbers then hit up the manufacturer's websites for the specific manuals. If any questions pop up come back here and ask away.

Aaron
Thank you for your reply. I've downloaded the .pdf file. It is very limited, but will be a start. My husband will check with some local RV dealers in the Missoula MT area also. thanks again.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:46 PM   #4

Tennessee
This may be the most asked question on the site, I think we need a sticky entitled, "Owners manuals, they're worthless and hard to find."

Welcome to the forum.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:10 PM   #5

Montana
Not entirely worthless, but definitely hard to come by the older the trailer...
Old 06-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #6
Site Team

North Carolina
Trust me the new trailer manuals are worse!

I have owned a wide variety of RV's over the years, the overall quality has gone down, and the manuals have become more about CYA legalese and less about how things actually work. One of the best manuals I had was on my 1975 Airstream, the owner's manual along with an additional service manual were outstanding. There were a few mis-prints and odd things, but they were very complete. I also had a 1970's Eldorado? pickup camper that came with a binder for the manual and was very complete. The only recently built things I have seen with decent manuals have been some higher end things like the Born Free coaches and some bus based ones. The regular stuff it all generic. Part of the problem being that they switch stuff up constantly and no two units appear to be built exactly the same.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote