Outside TV ports - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #1

Montana
Outside TV ports

Hello! We have a 2017 Denali 318RB and I have questions regarding the two tv ports on the outside. I’m assuming one is cable and one is satellite. There is nothing which identifies one from the other and nothing in the owners manual. Also, I can not find a schematic for the TV wiring from those ports to the living room and bedroom. Also, when staying in an rv park that offers satellite tv, is there any additional equipment needed to be able to view? Thanks in advance and I would appreciate any information.

Montana Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #2

Florida
Where are these ports located? I have two on mine specifically for Sat and ONE for CATV systems in the park.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:52 PM   #3

Montana
The two ports are on the drivers side wall, between the two slides
Old 05-16-2019, 01:05 PM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
The two ports are on the drivers side wall, between the two slides
Most likely, one is for sat connection (if you have a sat dish) and the other is for the CATV system of the park. A wiring diagram is NOT available as far as we (on this board) can find and it can get complicated. The CATV cable goes to the amplifier switch (and a splitter) that allows you to use your off air antenna or the CATV input from the park. You may or may not need to have a box (usually furnished by the park - for a fee or not). in order to use it, the amp button needs to be off.

For the SAT connection, that usually goes directly to the area near the TV and is NOT the same cable that is used by the CATV system. I have TWO sat connections on mine, one for each TV location I have. I have DIRECT TV and a box that I use at home can be used in my RV. I also have a portable dish that can be set up on a tripod.

The CATV system doesn't need to be this complicated but there are diagrams out there and we previously posted some here. You can do a search but here is one of them.

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...16qb-2944.html
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:43 AM   #5

Montana
Thanks. I really appreciate the info. Will dig into this over the weekend. Happy camping!
Old 05-18-2019, 03:53 AM   #6

Texas
I have a 2017 Denali 287RE with two connections between the slides also. There are two RG6 cables that go from there up into the ceiling of the trailer. The bottom connection went directly to the unpowered cable plate in the bedroom (jumper for outside TV antenna plate) so it can be used to get the signal to the rest of the trailer. My top outside connection showed to be open. Used a signal tracer to figure out where everything was going. I had three cables on the back side of the powered plate, one to the cable connection under the awning for an outside tv, one to the back entertainment center area, the third coming from the roof antenna.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:28 PM   #7

Montana
Thanks for responding. After researching it last night and using a mapping device, I found exactly what you’ve described. Thanks for the info and help

Tags
cable hookup, satellite hookup