Outside speakers - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Hazlehurst
Posts: 3
Georgia
Outside speakers

I have an Aspen Trail 2910BHS with the furrion DV3100 stereo system. How can I get my television to play on the ceiling speakers or outside speakers?
__________________

MEDIC7392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:38 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,881
Florida
Here's the manual (for starters).

The button to the far right chooses the input. If the TV is selected, push one of the two small buttons on the upper left above the row of buttons, that is the A and B set of speakers (marked ZONE but in Little tiny letters). The A speakers are the ones in the ceiling and the B speakers are the ones that will irritate the neighbors if you have them on at night (outside). I took my B speakers and ran them to some small BOSE bookshelf speakers since I don't use them at all outside.

https://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/medi...100-Manual.pdf

By the way, welcome to the forum and hello from Nicholls!
__________________

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:41 PM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Hazlehurst
Posts: 3
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Here's the manual (for starters).

The button to the far right chooses the input. If the TV is selected, push one of the two small buttons on the upper left above the row of buttons, that is the A and B set of speakers (marked ZONE but in Little tiny letters). The A speakers are the ones in the ceiling and the B speakers are the ones that will irritate the neighbors if you have them on at night (outside). I took my B speakers and ran them to some small BOSE bookshelf speakers since I don't use them at all outside.

https://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/medi...100-Manual.pdf

By the way, welcome to the forum and hello from Nicholls!
I've tried that but my tv sound doesnt come through the inside or out side speakers. I even turned the speakers on my tv off to see if that was it. Still no sound from tv through speakers. Radio and CD plays fine through inside and out.
MEDIC7392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,881
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDIC7392 View Post
I've tried that but my tv sound doesnt come through the inside or out side speakers. I even turned the speakers on my tv off to see if that was it. Still no sound from tv through speakers. Radio and CD plays fine through inside and out.
Then, two issues, I would check the wiring (which is in the manual) and I would make sure the TV is set to output on the stereo plugs instead of the speakers.

It's pretty easy to remove the unit. Four screws behind the main plate. Entire faceplate comes off with a little effort.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:12 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
ArmyVeteran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Aiken
Posts: 623
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDIC7392 View Post
I have an Aspen Trail 2910BHS with the furrion DV3100 stereo system. How can I get my television to play on the ceiling speakers or outside speakers?

According to the manual. The audio input is on the back of the unit.
You need to run a cable from your TV to these RCA type audio jacks.
Your newer TV probably has only HDMI capability. You will need an adapter. Available on AMAZON.


Good luck.
Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	5950  
__________________
"the older my father got the smarter I got"
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
chily3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 414
California
I hooked mine using the AUX connections from the tv to the stereo
__________________

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:58 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,881
Florida
Wonder if MEDIC7392 ever got it figured out? Would be nice to know. I'm about 20 miles from Hazlehurst.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:31 AM   #8
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Edgewood
Posts: 8
New Mexico
Pull out the DVD player and the hook up is in the back to have your TV feed to your surround sound
__________________

Joe h is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×