new owner 1600rb aspen trail - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2017, 01:41 PM   #1

Oklahoma
new owner 1600rb aspen trail

We purchased a new aspen trail trailer. We like the layout with queen bed with walkway on sides. We have owned it for about a month.

We have questions that are still open after going back to dealer.

A. Ac unit .... we can see exterior light when we look at the unit .... from the inside. This coupled with the rate of condensation from the unit makes me concerned about the water entering the unit. The service writer said our issues were fixed. I asked to talk to tech. He said that the dealership had sent photos to Dutchman about the issue. The serviced order has no notes so I am left wondering.

B. This weekend, the co2 alarm gave fault lights and sound. This happened as they battery ran down. The instructions say it is due to low voltage. I ended up cutting the wiring to get the unit to stop making noise so we could sleep.?????

C. The exterior door latch... we have the second one to break. Made of plastic. Mounted to hold door at 90degrees to trailer rather than flush. Another trip to dealer.

D. The shower has paneling around it and no shower surround. The tub bad trim as a gap along side wall, is this material waterproof? need to treat? need to treat in a given way?

Input would be appreciated

jmc74037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:08 PM   #2

Florida
A. Ac unit .... we can see exterior light when we look at the unit .... from the inside. This coupled with the rate of condensation from the unit makes me concerned about the water entering the unit. The service writer said our issues were fixed. I asked to talk to tech. He said that the dealership had sent photos to Dutchman about the issue. The serviced order has no notes so I am left wondering.

D. The shower has paneling around it and no shower surround. The tub bad trim as a gap along side wall, is this material waterproof? need to treat? need to treat in a given way?

These two sound interesting... Do you have pictures? I'd be worried that the AC would let water in, get between the roof and such. Dealing with the dealership on repairs is always a challenge. In my experiences the service writer was pretty clueless as to what the service department personnel were doing and tried to make up stories to sound good. On the other hand, when I had upgrades installed, that service writer was on point and knew exactly what was happening. I believe they put qualified folks on PAYING service items and "off-the-street" joe's for the warranty work (low paying stuff).

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #3

Oklahoma
photos

I can post photos later in the week. I will need to visit the trailer.

I did not mention that this ac unit is mounted into side wall
jmc74037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:03 PM   #4

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc74037 View Post

It's not uncommon to see light through a wall mount ac unit, as long as it's not coming in around the edges where it should be sealed to the wall. I have a small wall unit off the back of my garage, it lets in a lot of light.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:06 PM   #5

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc74037 View Post

that's interesting, it looks like a wall or window unit!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote