More issues... - Page 4 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2012, 04:39 AM   #61

Re: More issues...

Update: 2 week trip followed by another weekend away and only issue was the sealant around one of the frameless windows started to pull away. No biggy. Pretty happy with the rig now that the shakedown is finally over.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:14 AM   #62

Another weekend in the books with zero issues.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejean
Another weekend in the books with zero issues.
Having the same trailer! I like seeing posts like this one!

LOL!

I have been lucky so far, leaving tomorow for a 10 day trip, on down times I plan to re-caulk the outdoor kitchen counters and also caulk every little spot I can find outside the trailer that could let in moisture
Sebber83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:29 AM   #64

Minnesota
Hello,
The awning on my 289RK sure doesn't handle much wind. It sticks out pretty flat and the wind gets under it then slams it back against the trailer. It is too high up to put lights on it and I can see the electric motor is pretty weak too. I am fearful to move the detent settings on it alone and I am not sure it should be rolled out or rolled up to try to change the detent settings to lower it.

My 289RK had four cracks in the counter top from the corners of the sink when I bought it. The dealer said it was from the winter shrinking and cracking the material. They put a new thicker one on before I took delivery. I have had it 2 winters and no problems. It gets 30 below zero here every winter so I think it will be OK.

Louie
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:21 AM   #65

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejean View Post
In the future, I will be taking a battery charger with me from now on. Then I can at least plug into shore power and charge the batteries directly instead of relying on the converter. If no shore power, I can use the gens to run the charger.

JC
Lots of possibilities for 12V backup. An extension cord, using only two wires, to extend the tow vehicle outlet to the trailer plug, connecting only to 12V+ and ground. We carry a 12V powerpack, the kind that will jump start a battery, supply 12 volts, and is also an air compressor. Another idea is a simple jumper cable, say 15 ft long, and 10 or 12 ga wire, as a jump for the trailer battery. One end could even be a cigar lighter plug. And some gens have a 12 volt output as well. You've hit on a crucial point. Except for microwave and AC, these things run on 12 volts.

MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote