Lippert Leveling system for Travel Trailers - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2016, 08:59 PM   #1

Arizona
Lippert Leveling system for Travel Trailers

I see that trailer manufacturers are starting to include leveling systems for travel trailers similar to what the big boys have had for years. An aftermarket system is expected to be available later this year. Click this link for more info. Lippert Components® elevates the travel trailer market with the all new Ground Control® TT travel trailer leveling system
Sure looks nice but I bet it's gonna cost a pretty penny.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:41 AM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occupant5143 View Post
I see that trailer manufacturers are starting to include leveling systems for travel trailers similar to what the big boys have had for years. An aftermarket system is expected to be available later this year. Click this link for more info. Lippert Components® elevates the travel trailer market with the all new Ground Control® TT travel trailer leveling system
Sure looks nice but I bet it's gonna cost a pretty penny.
Yep and they throw in all the headaches of the electronics in for free.

Lippert is coming to the party a little late though and they have taken the best stabilizer I have ever used and managed to defeat the benefits of it by mounting it along the frame vs across the frame to provide the best stabilization.

Ultra-fab has had a set of 30" lift 6K electric levellers for a few years now. Ultra-Fab Products, Inc.| - PowerTwin II-30" Electric RV Leveling Stabilizer

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:46 PM   #3

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Yep and they throw in all the headaches of the electronics in for free.

Lippert is coming to the party a little late though and they have taken the best stabilizer I have ever used and managed to defeat the benefits of it by mounting it along the frame vs across the frame to provide the best stabilization.

Ultra-fab has had a set of 30" lift 6K electric levellers for a few years now. Ultra-Fab Products, Inc.| - PowerTwin II-30" Electric RV Leveling Stabilizer
I wasn't aware of these levelers till now. Looks nice and installable by mere mortals like myself. I especially like the individual motor control switches being manually operated versus relying on electronics. I do wonder about the geometry of the lift though. Looks like the weight is supported by the junction where the main leg meets the main channel between the frame members. The Lippert system transfers the weight directly to the frame which would seem to me to be more stable with less stress to the leveling system. This will require more research. I wonder if anybody here uses the Ultra-Fab levellers.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:45 AM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
I wasn't aware of these levelers till now. Looks nice and installable by mere mortals like myself. I especially like the individual motor control switches being manually operated versus relying on electronics. I do wonder about the geometry of the lift though. Looks like the weight is supported by the junction where the main leg meets the main channel between the frame members. The Lippert system transfers the weight directly to the frame which would seem to me to be more stable with less stress to the leveling system. This will require more research. I wonder if anybody here uses the Ultra-Fab levellers.
Our old Airstream had the manual version of the Ultra-fab. It's the outrigger design that makes them so stable. I used my drill to run them up and down, but even using the crank handle I could lift the camper to get it level.

Never had any problems lifting the Airstream with them. When they are deployed the jack pivots outward on the jackscrew, so the lift point gets closer to the frame rails the higher it is extended.

I had planned on getting a set of manual levellers and found they had added the electric version, so the list changed and the jacks keep getting moved down the list for the important stuff. List is getting shorter, like just about cleared off, so next spring I'll finally get around to it.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #5

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Our old Airstream had the manual version of the Ultra-fab. It's the outrigger design that makes them so stable. I used my drill to run them up and down, but even using the crank handle I could lift the camper to get it level.

Never had any problems lifting the Airstream with them. When they are deployed the jack pivots outward on the jackscrew, so the lift point gets closer to the frame rails the higher it is extended.

I had planned on getting a set of manual levellers and found they had added the electric version, so the list changed and the jacks keep getting moved down the list for the important stuff. List is getting shorter, like just about cleared off, so next spring I'll finally get around to it.
If you decide to do it please post some pictures. I'd love to see 'em on a real trailer.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:11 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
If you decide to do it please post some pictures. I'd love to see 'em on a real trailer.
If I would have thought about it last week, I probably could have got an advance on next years allowance. I ordered some truck stuff last week and it should be a the freight receiving company I use in WA.

I could have snuck them in, you know what they say about it, being easier to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission.