kodiak 291resl issues? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #1

Ontario
kodiak 291resl issues?

Does anyone know of any issues with the 291resl. We take possession in May 2014. I haven't read about any but it never hurts to ask.

Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #2

Saskatchewan
I can't specifically speak of the 291RESL but can on the 242RESL. Our unit is only two years old and we have already started looking for a replacement - it won't be a Dutchmen. Here's some of the issues we've had: Dust caps won't stay on the Lippert axles, trailer frame is too high for scissor jacks, frame making the living room couch had so many knots in the wood and poor fastening procedures that I've had to support and replace a number of 2X2's, two outside circuit breakers fell apart over the winter, cushions on the couch already needs new foam, very poor quality mattress on the bed. There are also a number of design problems - cupboard under the kitchen sink is about 2' X 3' X 4" and no shelves (I built a shelf that will hold food cans and boxes yet will come apart if I need to get at the plumbing in there, the cupboard above the sink is huge but doesn't store much - I fixed this putting in another shelf, they give you a toilet paper holder but there's no place to mount it (we purchased a free standing unit) your bathroom is like ours so will likely have the same problem. Finally there's the cylinder lock recall see: http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...call-1172.html.
Seriously consider the Andersen hitch if you don't have a weight distributing hitch already - love mine. Drop me a PM if you want to discuss any of this in more detail.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #3

Saskatchewan
After I crawled into bed last night I remembered the Akuret tires that should have been added to my list. After reading all the posts here in this forum I've decided to change mine asap. Just put Akuret into the search Posts and you'll see the problems with these tires.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote