Entertainment Center Issues...Denali BH311 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #1

Entertainment Center Issues...Denali BH311

Last weekend the Entertainment center was working fine Friday, Saturday and Sunday, come monday morning the Touch Screen was completely dark and would not turn on at all...

Anyone else experience this? I tried to find the power source to see if it was unplugged or anyhting with no luck... Where does this thing draw its power? within the walls?

Any help would be great!!!

Its a 2013 Denali BH311... I know a trip to the dealer would fix the problem, but that is the slow option!

Sebber83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #2

Indiana
You have a touch screen on your entertainment center? Ours has buttons and a crummy remote.

I would check the fuses in the power distribution panel first, then pull the unit out and check the connections behind it.

I bet the wires just jiggled loose. Good luck.

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Love the trailer, hate the dealer and manufacturer.
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by memgrove View Post
You have a touch screen on your entertainment center? Ours has buttons and a crummy remote.

I would check the fuses in the power distribution panel first, then pull the unit out and check the connections behind it.

I bet the wires just jiggled loose. Good luck.
Yep, we got a touch screen but we don't like it very much, very cheap product! I checked the fuse already and it was in good working order. I will pull the unit out on thursday!

This is bugging me but we left the trailer at the campsite so I can't get in there until thursday night!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #4

Oregon
Did you ever get this problem figured out, what was it?
JasontheBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasontheBeaver View Post
Did you ever get this problem figured out, what was it?
I did, yanked the thing from the wall last friday, find that there is a glass fuse in there, fuse looked fine but removed it and just put metal to metal and screen came alive! So I got another fuse and all is well now!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #6

Oregon
Gotta love fixes like that. Glad it worked out!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #7

Washington
We too have a touch screen that is not working properly. I've not taken the time to mess with it........we have power because the clock works.......but no radio, don't know if the CD or DVD work. Our trailer is a 2012 Denali 270FK and we love it........even with a few problems.
2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi
FatFiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #8

Oregon
Mine just suddenly stopped allow touches. You can still control it with the remote but the touch screen randomly fails most "buttons." What a POS!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #9

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebber83 View Post
I did, yanked the thing from the wall last friday, find that there is a glass fuse in there, fuse looked fine but removed it and just put metal to metal and screen came alive! So I got another fuse and all is well now!
I hope you bought yourself a few of those little suckers.

Our Airstreams power distribution center was filled with them. I had a problem with one circuit, that included the lights in the back half of the trailer. They wouldn't light when were got to or spot at the end of the day. I go to the panel looking for a burnt out fuse nope not the problem, so I start checking out the wires, I'm jiggling wires and all of a sudden on come the lights. I figure ok loose wire, get a screw driver tighten up the screws on all the terminals.

We get home unpack thing nothing more of it. Next trip same song, so I'm back at the fuse panel checking, jiggling, etc. All of a sudden the lights come on. I get the screw driver tighten the screws, but they wouldn't tighten, they already are as tight as they are going to get.

Now it must be a broken wire. Get home, start pulling fuses get to the one with the problem pull it the end cap falls off on to the floor. I look at it and it can see where the fuse wire had broken and a bunch of small arcs where it must have made contact welded it's back together to make the circuit operational while we were parked, then break when we moved on.

This is the first time I have ever seen this happen in all my years of replacing glass fuses. I understand why now too, way back when I was a boy, the end caps were sealed in place, the fuses you get now the end caps are not. I've taken brand new fuses out of the box and been able to twist the end caps around.

One last thing, if you are going to use a metal bypass on a fuse always make sure it is an American penny. The reason because it says "IN GOD WE TRUST"
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #10

Michigan
Me thinks I would be using a dime. A little smaller but 10 times better!
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #11

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
One last thing, if you are going to use a metal bypass on a fuse always make sure it is an American penny. The reason because it says "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Fuses do have a purpose and it is better to track down the cause of the blown fuse than to just bypass it and ignore it. Ask any electronics tech or electrician.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:03 AM   #12

British Columbia
You will never get the magic smoke back in no matter how hard you try ;^)

Grump010
Daryl B.
grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #13

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post

Fuses do have a purpose and it is better to track down the cause of the blown fuse than to just bypass it and ignore it. Ask any electronics tech or electrician.
Chalkie

That's what is meant but the saying relating to bypassing the fuse.

I first heard the saying in the mid fifties, when someone was going to use a penny to bypass a blown fuse in the house.

It just always stuck with me and has become one my "you shouldn't do it because sayings".

I know I really should stop using them, because there meaning seems to be lost in history.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #14

Colorado
I thought it was quite funny. I had never heard that put that way before. I passed that along to my son who is a journeyman electrician.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #15

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
I thought it was quite funny. I had never heard that put that way before. I passed that along to my son who is a journeyman electrician.
I hope he got a chuckle out of it.

It's amazing how those things stuck in your mind and remind you not to do the dumb stuff.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #16

If you have the "Touch Audio" entertainment system, get rid of it, I messed with ours for quite sometime and it never worked properly.
tear it out and put in the Jensen, it is a much better unit
TheWeltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:59 AM   #17

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeltons View Post
If you have the "Touch Audio" entertainment system, get rid of it, I messed with ours for quite sometime and it never worked properly.
tear it out and put in the Jensen, it is a much better unit
The LCI unit that came with my Denali seems kind of cheesy and not very intuitive to use. Has anybody here replaced theirs with a Jensen unit? Is it a direct replacement or was some tweaking needed?