Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
I think the four Seasons they are referring to are:

Football season

Hunting season

Nascar season

And of course................

Tourist season.
I love the way you think! But there's still a great possibility of snow/cold up here in football and hunting season!

PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:09 PM   #12

North Carolina
After hearing all these horror stories, I don't plan on upgrading my Camper with another Dutchman product. I have been fortunate so far with my 242 model.
I eventually want a fifth wheel but will go with another company. But with a higher quality Rig will be a higher cost. I will definitely scrutinize who ever I go with. Take nothing for granted

bbmfkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #13

Florida
I've been looking at DRV Suites 5th wheel. it ain't cheap but I think it would be worth it since it is made to be FULL TIME, which I may do one day. Model number is MS SantaFe
DRV Suites - Luxury Fifth Wheels

Not saying that it would be problem and issue free but I think it looked really well built and it comes with a 3 year warranty. Would need to purchase a new truck also since my Titan is only a 3/4 ton. Would I purchase another Dutchmen product, most likely NOT (never say never).
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:07 PM   #14

Illinois
I believe Mobile Suites/DRV was bought by Thor a few years ago. Rumors are quality is not the same. I don't know; just what I heard from a gentlemen in Fort Myers Beach last month who bought a 2016. We are selling our 3990 (interested?) and moving to a Forest River Legacy 38MB. Residential quality and the best I've seen at that price break. Next step up is New Horizon, which is way out of my price range. I'v e heard the Luxe is also a pretty good unit as well. Just opinions.
Rusty
2017 Key West 219 FS Boat w/Yamaha 250 SHO
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:44 PM   #15

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
I believe Mobile Suites/DRV was bought by Thor a few years ago. Rumors are quality is not the same. I don't know; just what I heard from a gentlemen in Fort Myers Beach last month who bought a 2016. We are selling our 3990 (interested?) and moving to a Forest River Legacy 38MB. Residential quality and the best I've seen at that price break. Next step up is New Horizon, which is way out of my price range. I'v e heard the Luxe is also a pretty good unit as well. Just opinions.
Rusty
unfortunately, I have heard TONS of bad stuff about the forest river stuff... I found this site https://www.rvt.com/rv-reviews plus there are LOTS of sites with gripes. whatever we buy, you can be sure we will get a warranty that will cover it bumper to bumper. I don't trust any RV that comes with china bombs. If they can't get a decent tire on it to begin with, why buy it?

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all season, freezing, warranty