Considering a Coleman 192/202 RD - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2017, 05:41 AM   #21

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Hey Tom
So I traded my boat and 24' Sonic camper for my new Kodiak 291RESL
Enjoyed the sonic TT, check them out. No concerns while owning it
GOOD LUCK, ENJOY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Traded your boat AND a trailer!! Oh no, still not sure if we want to part with the boat.
I did look at some pics of the Kodiak lightweight 201QB and I really like it. There are no Dutchman dealers anywhere near us, though. I have also found that my payload rating on my Ram is pretty low so I am trying to stay as close to a 500 pound tongue weight (loaded) as I can. Looking at ultralights now. In addition to the Kodiak I mentioned, the Keystone 195 RB and the Coachman Freedom Express 192 RBS are possible candidates. The last one has the closest dealer to my location. We will not make any moves til after Labor Day. We have an RPod 179 rental reserved for mid August so we will see if this is the thing for us based on that adventure.

twocell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #22

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by twocell View Post
Traded your boat AND a trailer!! Oh no, still not sure if we want to part with the boat.
I did look at some pics of the Kodiak lightweight 201QB and I really like it. There are no Dutchman dealers anywhere near us, though. I have also found that my payload rating on my Ram is pretty low so I am trying to stay as close to a 500 pound tongue weight (loaded) as I can. Looking at ultralights now. In addition to the Kodiak I mentioned, the Keystone 195 RB and the Coachman Freedom Express 192 RBS are possible candidates. The last one has the closest dealer to my location. We will not make any moves til after Labor Day. We have an RPod 179 rental reserved for mid August so we will see if this is the thing for us based on that adventure.

Where are you located ?

Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #23

Missouri
Suburban STL MO.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:13 PM   #24

Tennessee
Quote:
Suburban STL MO.

I've got a great dealer for you to use but, their in Tennessee and Alabama
Knowing what I know about dealing with them, it's worth the trip. This is my second purchase from them

Old 03-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #25

Missouri
The closest dealer I found to us that has them i in Hopkinsville KY. The big problem I have with buying a new trailer from so far away is that if I have any warranty work that needs to be done, the driving/towing distance may not be worth it.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:16 AM   #26

Illinois
Just remember that service is important as price. Many dealers will not serve you or move you to the bottom of the list if you didn't buy from them.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #27

Tennessee
Quote:
The closest dealer I found to us that has them i in Hopkinsville KY. The big problem I have with buying a new trailer from so far away is that if I have any warranty work that needs to be done, the driving/towing distance may not be worth it.

Give them a call and discuss that issue
Bankston Motorhomes. Huntsville Alabama
My salesperson was Vivian, the main man there is Chase. Tell them Stan with the Kodiak suggested you call them

Old 03-23-2017, 05:53 PM   #28

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Give them a call and discuss that issue
Bankston Motorhomes. Huntsville Alabama
My salesperson was Vivian, the main man there is Chase. Tell them Stan with the Kodiak suggested you call them

Why do they know you so well? Have you had some warranty issues with your Dutchman?

Like I said, I would prefer to stay a little more local, just in case I need some warranty issues resolved. The only trailer on my new short list that a local dealer has in stock is the Coachman. A couple of dealers sell Keystones but I have not seen a trailer as small as the 195 in stock on their websites. I also like the smaller Coleman 1705RB light weight model, except for the single axle. It has a high tongue weight (491 pounds) for it's size, though. I'm guessing that is due to the single axle design throwing more weight forward.

We are in a holding pattern right now, anyway. We have a couple of boat trips planned so it's not going anywhere soon. We are renting an RPod 179 trailer for a weekend trip in August to test the waters to see if this is something that we really want to pursue.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:50 AM   #29

Tennessee
Quote:
Why do they know you so well? Have you had some warranty issues with your Dutchman?

Like I said, I would prefer to stay a little more local, just in case I need some warranty issues resolved. The only trailer on my new short list that a local dealer has in stock is the Coachman. A couple of dealers sell Keystones but I have not seen a trailer as small as the 195 in stock on their websites. I also like the smaller Coleman 1705RB light weight model, except for the single axle. It has a high tongue weight (491 pounds) for it's size, though. I'm guessing that is due to the single axle design throwing more weight forward.

We are in a holding pattern right now, anyway. We have a couple of boat trips planned so it's not going anywhere soon. We are renting an RPod 179 trailer for a weekend trip in August to test the waters to see if this is something that we really want to pursue.

No concerns with my Dutchman, great people to do business with and got friendly with them.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:42 PM   #30

Maryland
Quote:
OK, today I got quotes from two dealers, both for 14K. First one is for the Coleman 202RD and the second one is for the Jayco 212 QB SLX. Except for fabrics and paint colors, they are nearly identical. I thought I wanted the Coleman but the Jayco is appealing because the dealer has a better reputation. What to do???
I just purchased a 202rd for $12999 and no add on fees just days ago if that helps.

hdrider1965 is offline   Reply With Quote