Coleman CTS 192 RD Winterizing Question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2015, 06:24 PM   #1

Nebraska
Coleman CTS 192 RD Winterizing Question

Any idea on where the low point drain lines are on the 192RD. I'm winterizing Sunday and that seems to be the only confusing part of the instructions. I haven't climbed around underneath, I'd rather wait until I pull it onto concrete to do that. Any general ideas on where this is would be helpful.

Chaz Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
On my Coleman 16 footer they hang down, one is below the kitchen and two more below the bath.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #3

Nebraska
I crawled underneath, side to side. I looked inside underneath the cabinets and did not find anything. Ran the pump and opened all the valves to clear out the water. Then winterized as recommended. Dumped a couple cups down each drain and called it good. It took like 30 seconds after I added the T valve to winterize and almost 1 gallon of rv winterizing solution.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:04 PM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
Does the CTS 192 have the belly wrap on it? If so they quite often "forget" to cut the low point drains through the wrap, and just leave them tucked up in there. I haven't seen a unit without them in recent years. Just well hidden ones.

If you pumped antifreeze into the system you are probably okay.

If you have an outside shower unit, make sure to disconnect and drain it down too. Been there and replaced more than one in the spring!

Aaron
Old 10-12-2015, 06:30 PM   #5

Nebraska
You know it does and I wondered about that as I crawled around down there. I didn't want to start ripping it up to find it. I figure the low points have to be full of antifreeze anyway once you inject it via the pump so I let it go. It doesn't have an outdoor shower but I did remember to run the shower head to get antifreeze in there. We didn't use it this year but I did turn it on to make sure it worked. I cannot believe how easy the kit was to install and use. Why any one is paying for someone to do this is beyond me.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:17 PM   #6
Site Team

North Carolina
I think I saw one of the Coleman CTS 19's at my local dealer, if I get the chance I will stop by and check it out. Typically there will be a couple of low point drains near the bath, then the other is near the sink or possibly the water tank area. Some units may have several. My CTS 16FB has 3, one in the front and two in the rear. No belly wrap on mine though.

Found a video on Youtube that shows two low point drains (red and blue) just ahead of the left side wheels.

Aaron
Old 10-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #7

Nebraska
The low points are for the fresh water lines feeding the sinks, showers, and toilets correct? The drain lines either have traps or drain direct if I remember correctly? I'm only over thinking this since I just did the winterizing yesterday.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:15 PM   #8
Site Team

North Carolina
The low point drains are to get the last bit of water out of the fresh water system. The toilet drains directly into the black tank, the sinks and tub should have traps in them and drain into the gray tank. There are always exceptions to the rule.

Aaron
Old 10-28-2015, 09:31 PM   #9

Missouri
192RD with covered underside valve location

The only low point drain that I could find on my 192 RD was just behind the rear axle toward the driver's side of the trailer. I know that it will drain my tank, but it is hard to reach without completely climbing under the trailer. I also noticed two pex tubes hanging down by where the sewer and gray water drains are. I've never loosened the nuts on those, but am wondering if I should.

I'm not sure if my answer is helpful at all, but I didn't have any trouble with my winterizing last year.
jbacke20119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:30 PM   #10
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacke20119 View Post
The only low point drain that I could find on my 192 RD was just behind the rear axle toward the driver's side of the trailer. I know that it will drain my tank, but it is hard to reach without completely climbing under the trailer. I also noticed two pex tubes hanging down by where the sewer and gray water drains are. I've never loosened the nuts on those, but am wondering if I should.

I'm not sure if my answer is helpful at all, but I didn't have any trouble with my winterizing last year.
Those "nuts" are actually screw caps. If you remove them it will drain down the system. I would suggest it, especially if you get long freezes below 20°.

Aaron
Old 10-29-2015, 02:16 AM   #11

Missouri
Thanks Aaron! I just removed the screws and watched the water run out! I'm not sure if I'm ready to winterize just yet, but you have given me valuable information. It gets pretty cold during the winter in mid-Missouri, but it has been near 60 during the day and lower 50's at night. I may just have one more weekend down at the lake in the camper before the cover goes on.

Thanks again for the help!
jbacke20119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:56 AM   #12
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacke20119 View Post
Thanks Aaron! I just removed the screws and watched the water run out! I'm not sure if I'm ready to winterize just yet, but you have given me valuable information. It gets pretty cold during the winter in mid-Missouri, but it has been near 60 during the day and lower 50's at night. I may just have one more weekend down at the lake in the camper before the cover goes on.

Thanks again for the help!
No Problem!

That along with draining down the water heater, blowing the lines and dumping a bit of RV anti-freeze in the p-traps is about all I do for winterizing. I had to do a quick one here a couple of weeks ago. Got way too cold to early here in NC. Then went camping this past weekend, and will be going again next weekend.

If you have an outside shower make sure to drain it down too. I have had to replace more than one shower assembly when I forgot to do it. Don't have that on the current camper.

I lived in Marshall, MO back in the early 60's and remember it getting pretty cold, then we moved to South Dakota.

Aaron
Old 08-22-2016, 06:03 PM   #13

Nebraska
By the way I found the low points the other day when I drained my grey and black water tanks. There are two hoses hanging down in the same area and behold we have the low water points! Winterizing will be much easier this year.