Coleman CM 192 RD - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2016, 08:59 PM   #1

Virginia
Coleman CM 192 RD

I'm interested in the 192 RD. Is anyone aware of any problems with this model? I've seen this advertised for $12K to $13K on rvtrader.com. Is that a pretty reasonable price for a new 2017 model? Checking rvtrader.com I'm not finding used 192's. Is there a good source for finding used RV's other than rvtrader? And one last thing I like the 192 due to it's 3500 carry capacity, large water tanks, separate freezer/fridge, oven, low (about 4000 pounds) weight, and short under 23' length. Are there other RV's which have these features in an even shorter RV?

Thanks

WannaBeFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:11 AM   #2

South Carolina
This is from last December's Trailer Life story on fiberglass lightweights. We once had a Burro, (now defunct) which was a clone of the Scamp. $12K puts you right in the ballpark! Enjoy! Fun with Fiberglass

MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:50 PM   #3

Missouri
Love my 192RD!

I bought a Coleman 192RD exactly two years ago. My wife and I love it! The floorplan is perfect for two people with the living space in the back and the queen bed in the front. I have experienced no major problems, just the usual stuff like loose screws, etc. We have put over 8000 miles on it from long trips to Utah to short trips to state parks around Missouri. I am 6'6" tall and use the shower on every trip.

We pull our Coleman with a 2009 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton pickup. The lighter weight is nice. The only place where I have bogged down and gone really slow was our trip over Monarch Pass in Colorado last summer.

In summary, I believe that the 192RD is a great value with an awesome floorplan and will give you a quality experience. It has been our best trailer in the 31 years that my wife and I have been camping.

2015 Coleman CTS192RD
2018 Ford F150 XLT 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
jbacke20119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:54 PM   #4

Virginia
Yep. I really like the fiberglass RVs. There is a youtuber which does a great job on this link, https://youtu.be/WHM44ne74Tw, of showing the advantages of smaller travel trailers. I would be up for something like a Casita if it packed in the 3500 pound carry capacity, 60 fresh, 42 gray, 42 black, separate 6 cubic ft freezer/fridge, and oven. Also, much of the reason I want the 3500 carry capacity is to carry auxiliary water and fuel, and about 500 AH of batteries for extended boon docking. I don't think items like auxiliary tanks could be mounted on the bottom of a fiberglass RV.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:00 PM   #5

Virginia
jbacke20119, so glad to hear all is going well with your 192. It's great to hear others are having no major problems with this model.