Coleman 244BH - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #1

New York
Coleman 244BH

Just purchased a 2015 244BH about 2 weeks ago. It's since been winterized, but for future reference, does anyone know where the low point drains are? I don't recall them being pointed out on the walk through.

It also has the bumper mount for a grill, but it seems that the previous owner took it with them, does anyone know the model of it so I could buy a new one?

Thanks!

Tackleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:19 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Welcome to the forums!

Not sure where they are on that trailer. Look underneath for a red and a blue pipe sticking down with a screw cap on it. Should be at least two. Also make sure you know where your fresh water tank drain is. Based on your floor plan I would look on the left side behind the slide, and probably on the right hand side ahead of the wheels.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:06 AM   #3

New York
I have the enclosed underbelly, will it still be as you described? The fresh water drain is behind my steps. On the Jayco I had before they were inside a floor cabinet.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
Every Coleman that I have dealt with had the low point drains sticking out below the belly wrap. There have been a couple where they "forgot" to pull the drain down through the wrap. To the best of my knowledge Coleman/Dutchman has not used an internal valve for the low point drains on the Coleman line up. Gotta save that buck for profit margins!

Aaron
Old 10-21-2016, 08:31 PM   #5

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Every Coleman that I have dealt with had the low point drains sticking out below the belly wrap. There have been a couple where they "forgot" to pull the drain down through the wrap. To the best of my knowledge Coleman/Dutchman has not used an internal valve for the low point drains on the Coleman line up. Gotta save that buck for profit margins!

Aaron
If there's no internal valve, how do you open them to drain them?
Old 10-21-2016, 09:55 PM   #6
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
If there's no internal valve, how do you open them to drain them?
There is a fitting on the end of the hose with a screw in plug or cap.

Aaron
Old 10-25-2016, 09:22 PM   #7

New Jersey
On my Coleman 262BH the low point drains are on curbside at the very rear of the trailer. I was surprised there were no labels on the side of the trailer pointing them out. They do not hang down below the body, instead they end just after coming through the bottom of the trailer and they do have valves on them.
ebengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:08 AM   #8

Illinois
I think that trailer has a similar layout as the 274 BH, and the drains are under the bathroom area. Looking at the posted plans online that unit has a slider where on mine is the sink and refer, so if you dont see them by the bathroom, which I also believe is where your gray and black tank drains are, then look on the other side near the refer.

On mine they are just forward of the gray tank behind the rear wheel on the drivers side, which also happens to be right under the bathroom sink.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:16 AM   #9

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebengel View Post
On my Coleman 262BH the low point drains are on curbside at the very rear of the trailer. I was surprised there were no labels on the side of the trailer pointing them out. They do not hang down below the body, instead they end just after coming through the bottom of the trailer and they do have valves on them.
According to Google, the floor plan depends on what year you have. Are your bunks on the dinette side or the kitchen side? If they're on the kitchen side, you have the same layout as I do plus a couch and the low points would probably be in the same spot.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:19 AM   #10

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdii View Post
I think that trailer has a similar layout as the 274 BH, and the drains are under the bathroom area. Looking at the posted plans online that unit has a slider where on mine is the sink and refer, so if you dont see them by the bathroom, which I also believe is where your gray and black tank drains are, then look on the other side near the refer.

On mine they are just forward of the gray tank behind the rear wheel on the drivers side, which also happens to be right under the bathroom sink.
I think they'll be near the refer. I remember seeing the water pump during my walk through but cant recall 100% where it was, but pretty sure it was near the refer too.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:41 AM   #11

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
According to Google, the floor plan depends on what year you have. Are your bunks on the dinette side or the kitchen side? If they're on the kitchen side, you have the same layout as I do plus a couch and the low points would probably be in the same spot.
My bunks are on the kitchen side, like yours. Water pump is under the drawers in the kitchen, lift out the lowest drawer and you will see it. Fresh water tank drain should be under the camper directly beneath where the pump is mounted
ebengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:36 PM   #12

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebengel View Post
My bunks are on the kitchen side, like yours. Water pump is under the drawers in the kitchen, lift out the lowest drawer and you will see it. Fresh water tank drain should be under the camper directly beneath where the pump is mounted
Great, thanks! Now we just need spring to come...
Old 12-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #13

Florida
curb side underneath, look for two white pipes side by side both have caps, to drain unscrew these caps.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #14

Illinois
Interesting, mine are blue and red.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:08 PM   #15
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdii View Post
Interesting, mine are blue and red.
Red and blue are typically the low point drains for the plumbing system. You may have more than one set depending on the layout. White ones are usually for draining down the fresh water tank.

Aaron
Old 12-30-2016, 09:05 PM   #16

Illinois
Thats what the OP was asking for, the low point drains. Now I am going to be bothered with "did I leave the tank drain open?" until I get home and check. Pretty sure I did.