Camper Bathroom Mods in AT LE 1700BH - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #1

Texas
Camper Bathroom Mods in AT LE 1700BH

I bought a '19 Aspen Trail LE 1700BH last week mainly to rent out as a business but also for occasional personal use.

For the price there is a lot of bang for your buck but I've also found a number of "what in the world were they thinking" type issues I've set out to address. The first (and in another thread) is getting a TV mounted. You can search for "1700BH - TV Mount options" for that mod. I'm actually going to be wrapping that up tonight barring any unforeseen issues.

The bathroom doesn't have a sink which I get from a space perspective but more perplexing was the lack of storage. There was a towel hook but that was it. I found the toilet paper holder in a drawer but not sure what to do there.

Bathroom storage I was able to solve for under $40 and a trip to Walmart. They sell a Mainstays behind the toilet shelving set. I bought it then realized the water hose for the toilet ran in the way of where the legs of the cabinet would go and that the front and back toilet supports and bathroom dimensions made it hard to get the whole thing in place.

Instead, I used the support pieces with some L brackets and screws to build a lip to keep items from falling off the shelf. I then used some L brackets into the wall studs to hold the shelf up and keep it from rocking on the wall.

Ended up working out pretty well as now there is a place to put toilet paper, chemicals, towels, etc. I also moved the towel hook to the door as it was in the way of the shelves.

Haven't decided where to attach the toilet paper holder (may not). My concern is on the door or on the wall in front of the toilet it could get bumped and broken and behind the toilet could be hard to reach (I had a buddy who is pretty beefy sit and see worked for him).

I'm taking the trailer on it's maiden voyage next week to make sure it is properly stocked with essentials and everything works like it should. IE the TV and cabinet doesn't fall off the wall.

I can't attach photos on here but here are the Google Drive links.

Here is the storage after I removed the legs and used the supports to make a lip to keep items from falling off the shelf:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...FPcXYyQ1VJOC13

Here was the finished result:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...BLSVEyM25faUo0

And yeah, the towels are not nearly on the shelf... I just wanted to see if 4 could fit in there.

Worth pointing out the doors are held by magnets so they could fly open. I think I'm going to 3D print some type of locking mechanism though I know using a bungee or something simple like that would work too.

JerryTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 03:14 PM   #2

Montana
That hutch thing is pretty nice... I just went with a plastic mirrored cabinet. We took care of storage in the bath room with all the metal standing stuff you can get at like TJ Maxx including toilet paper stand and the racks that hang over the door for towels...one on each side actually for other stuff. If you notice, you can go to like Home Depot and put a hanging rack in that open space against the wall above the bigger bottom bunk for like coats, hoodies and things like that... Oh and for the doors on the overhead storage above the sink area (and bed on my 2018) I got these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and they work great... And a good movable head rivet gun is a must for putting anything in those thin walls... screws are worthless unless you can find the thin studs.
Redfour5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1700bh apsen trail