Aspen Trail Owners- Question- - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #1

Arizona
Aspen Trail Owners- Question-

First time here (long time other rv forums)
We are deciding between an Aspen Trail 1900 and a Kodiak 201QB
In reading a LOT here I don't find too many hits on the Aspen Trail line.
We are looking at 4-6 years use and then either staying home or changing TTs.
Had Class As and tent trailers years past. Like TTs now.
All you that own any AT, I'm guessing that you are "generally" happy with the TTand haven't had too much trouble since new.
I realize any line or particular TT can be a lemon I'm interested in a general wide perspective of the line.
We like the aluminum siding to avoid delamination issues (our current TT is aluminum).
Will be posting in the UL forum with questions on the Kodiak
Thanks for any reply

Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:39 PM   #2

British Columbia
Thumbs up

Hey there. We bought a new 2017 Aspen Trail 2340BHSWE last year. We have been out for at least 10x and we love it! No issues to report "knock on wood" haha. We LOVE having the slide out as the amount of room it makes is awesome. Outdoor kitchen is great, everything is factory LED lighting which makes a big difference in battery life. Aspen Trail came with upgraded 30lb tanks and we spent the few $ to upgrade to Interstate 6Volt deep cycle batteries. Can't speak for the Kodiak but the Aspen Trail from factory has high clearance, solid wood cabinetry, and the construction seems to be quite high quality and I have been through every sq" of it. The head room inside the unit is excellent, friends with other units don't have the same height ceilings, the outdoor speakers are great as well and it has a walk in roof. It isn't a true 4 seasons trailer but it does have furnace vents vented into the enclosed underbelly so water and pipes stay toasty in cold weather (we have had it up in the mountains in the snow). Outdoor shower is handy for the kids as well. I am sure most new units these days have all of the features but we chose Aspen Trail for the alluminum siding, the head room inside and for every other reason I already listed, oh and the pricing was excellent. Hope this info helps

Aspen2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:36 PM   #3

Arizona
Thanks for the info I need more please!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:23 PM   #4

Pennsylvania
We have enjoyed our Aspen Trail as well, no real complaints over the last 2 years. Short of a few pipes loose after bouncing down the highway and a little better mouse proofing we haven't had any major problems, yet. For the price point it is a really nice setup. If you have any questions I would be happy to try and help.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:43 PM   #5

Arizona
89 thanks for the reply and offer
We have to travel about 3 hrs to them We live out in the boonies
Old 04-10-2018, 12:45 AM   #6

Louisiana
Hey guys new to outdoor living just Purchased a 2015 Aspen trail, I had a quick question about towing I notice the last time that I towed my camper then the front corners were bulging out a little just wanted to know if that was normal or is there a problem that need repair
G moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by G moreau View Post
Hey guys new to outdoor living just Purchased a 2015 Aspen trail, I had a quick question about towing I notice the last time that I towed my camper then the front corners were bulging out a little just wanted to know if that was normal or is there a problem that need repair
What??? Do you have a picture?
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #8

Arizona
Yes pictures needed
Old 04-14-2018, 08:18 PM   #9

New Jersey
Wife and I purchased a 2016 1900 Aspen train and love it.. Been out close to 10 times and it has served us well. I removed the bench seats & post mounted table and replaced them with narrow cabinet with a fold down table, and a couple of reclining office chairs.. The table just swings up into place much more easily than using those darn posts. It gave us more table space when open and a lot more floor space closed. We did swap out the original deep cycle battery with two 6 volt golf cart batteries..
Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:14 PM   #10

Arizona
Thx