Aspen Trail Owners- Question- - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-21-2018, 07:51 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Page
Posts: 12
Arizona
Aspen Trail Owners- Question-

First time here (long time other rv forums)
We are deciding between an Aspen Trail 1900 and a Kodiak 201QB
In reading a LOT here I don't find too many hits on the Aspen Trail line.
We are looking at 4-6 years use and then either staying home or changing TTs.
Had Class As and tent trailers years past. Like TTs now.
All you that own any AT, I'm guessing that you are "generally" happy with the TTand haven't had too much trouble since new.
I realize any line or particular TT can be a lemon I'm interested in a general wide perspective of the line.
We like the aluminum siding to avoid delamination issues (our current TT is aluminum).
Will be posting in the UL forum with questions on the Kodiak
Thanks for any reply
__________________

Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:39 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: West Kelowna
Posts: 24
British Columbia
Thumbs up

Hey there. We bought a new 2017 Aspen Trail 2340BHSWE last year. We have been out for at least 10x and we love it! No issues to report "knock on wood" haha. We LOVE having the slide out as the amount of room it makes is awesome. Outdoor kitchen is great, everything is factory LED lighting which makes a big difference in battery life. Aspen Trail came with upgraded 30lb tanks and we spent the few $ to upgrade to Interstate 6Volt deep cycle batteries. Can't speak for the Kodiak but the Aspen Trail from factory has high clearance, solid wood cabinetry, and the construction seems to be quite high quality and I have been through every sq" of it. The head room inside the unit is excellent, friends with other units don't have the same height ceilings, the outdoor speakers are great as well and it has a walk in roof. It isn't a true 4 seasons trailer but it does have furnace vents vented into the enclosed underbelly so water and pipes stay toasty in cold weather (we have had it up in the mountains in the snow). Outdoor shower is handy for the kids as well. I am sure most new units these days have all of the features but we chose Aspen Trail for the alluminum siding, the head room inside and for every other reason I already listed, oh and the pricing was excellent. Hope this info helps
__________________

Aspen2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:36 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Page
Posts: 12
Arizona
Thanks for the info I need more please!
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Northeastern
Posts: 11
Pennsylvania
We have enjoyed our Aspen Trail as well, no real complaints over the last 2 years. Short of a few pipes loose after bouncing down the highway and a little better mouse proofing we haven't had any major problems, yet. For the price point it is a really nice setup. If you have any questions I would be happy to try and help.
__________________
2016 Chevy 2500 ccsb Duramax
2016 Aspen Trail 2780 RLS
richtdu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:43 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Page
Posts: 12
Arizona
89 thanks for the reply and offer
We have to travel about 3 hrs to them We live out in the boonies
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:45 AM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 1
Louisiana
Hey guys new to outdoor living just Purchased a 2015 Aspen trail, I had a quick question about towing I notice the last time that I towed my camper then the front corners were bulging out a little just wanted to know if that was normal or is there a problem that need repair
G moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:03 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,880
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by G moreau View Post
Hey guys new to outdoor living just Purchased a 2015 Aspen trail, I had a quick question about towing I notice the last time that I towed my camper then the front corners were bulging out a little just wanted to know if that was normal or is there a problem that need repair
What??? Do you have a picture?
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Page
Posts: 12
Arizona
Yes pictures needed
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:18 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Firstime RVer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: allentown
Posts: 209
New Jersey
Wife and I purchased a 2016 1900 Aspen train and love it.. Been out close to 10 times and it has served us well. I removed the bench seats & post mounted table and replaced them with narrow cabinet with a fold down table, and a couple of reclining office chairs.. The table just swings up into place much more easily than using those darn posts. It gave us more table space when open and a lot more floor space closed. We did swap out the original deep cycle battery with two 6 volt golf cart batteries..
__________________
Pat & Barb
2015 4.3L Chevy Silverado 1500
2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB
Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:14 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Page
Posts: 12
Arizona
Thx
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:35 PM   #11
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Midway
Posts: 5
Georgia
We have a 2018 Aspen Trail 2810 BH. We like it....but....the exterior leds stopped working the first time out, still trouble shooting...and the vinyl floor split in a 3 ft section the day we brought it home from the dealer.
tab999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:41 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
wildwest450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sparta
Posts: 1,715
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab999 View Post
We have a 2018 Aspen Trail 2810 BH. We like it....but....the exterior leds stopped working the first time out, still trouble shooting...and the vinyl floor split in a 3 ft section the day we brought it home from the dealer.
The ones under the awning? Mine go out all the time, the plug doesn't seat well apparently. I just get up there and unplug and replug it back in, works every time.

I could fix it, but then I wouldn't have anything to tinker with while camping.
__________________
2014 Aerolite 213 RBSL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
wildwest450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #13
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Midway
Posts: 5
Georgia
Yea, i wish! Mine will not do that. I have un-plugged it, plugged it in...checked fuses...followed wiring, checked the switch...nada. then days later it will come on and work for a few minutes, then shut off again.
tab999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:18 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 23
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
First time here (long time other rv forums)
We are deciding between an Aspen Trail 1900 and a Kodiak 201QB
In reading a LOT here I don't find too many hits on the Aspen Trail line.
We are looking at 4-6 years use and then either staying home or changing TTs.
Had Class As and tent trailers years past. Like TTs now.
All you that own any AT, I'm guessing that you are "generally" happy with the TTand haven't had too much trouble since new.
I realize any line or particular TT can be a lemon I'm interested in a general wide perspective of the line.
We like the aluminum siding to avoid delamination issues (our current TT is aluminum).
Will be posting in the UL forum with questions on the Kodiak
Thanks for any reply
Hello, I have a 2017 Kodiak 201QB and the water tank has bent the bracket holding it in and it was pushing down belly skin to the axel. I contacted Keystone and they allowed 5 hours to correct the problem as they thought it was just the underbelly sagging. They then denied the warranty and said I must have filled the water tank incorrectly that caused the brackets to bend. They have extremely poor customer service if at all.
AETHERIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,880
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AETHERIA View Post
Hello, I have a 2017 Kodiak 201QB and the water tank has bent the bracket holding it in and it was pushing down belly skin to the axel. I contacted Keystone and they allowed 5 hours to correct the problem as they thought it was just the underbelly sagging. They then denied the warranty and said I must have filled the water tank incorrectly that caused the brackets to bend. They have extremely poor customer service if at all.
You are the second person that has had a water tank issue that has been denied by Keystone by them saying you filled it wrong! How do you overfill or fill a tank wrong?
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:13 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Roselle
Posts: 1,163
Illinois
I'm with you franktafl. If the sales brochure says it's a 40 gallon tank, it should hold 40 gallons. Is there a label or some other warning advising not to fill to capacity? If not, it should hold full capacity. Every RV I've ever owned has an overfill (by definition overfill prevents you from "over filling") You fill till either water comes out overfill or you can hear the air escaping, letting you know you're getting close.
Rusty
__________________
2015 Black F-350 Platinum Diesel Dually Crew Cab
2019 Riverstone Legacy 38MB (Full Paint/All Options)
2015 Voltage 3990 (Full Paint, All Options) Sold 6/18
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:01 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,880
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
I'm with you franktafl. If the sales brochure says it's a 40 gallon tank, it should hold 40 gallons. Is there a label or some other warning advising not to fill to capacity? If not, it should hold full capacity. Every RV I've ever owned has an overfill (by definition overfill prevents you from "over filling") You fill till either water comes out overfill or you can hear the air escaping, letting you know you're getting close.
Rusty
I fill mine until it backflows. I've never seen anything that said CAUTION, DON'T OVERFILL or anything else that ever mentioned anything about the fresh water tank. My tank is vented (supposedly) and I had a problem with the tank when it was under warranty, there was some sort of obstruction on the vent preventing me from being able to fill the tank with more than ten gallons of water. They fixed it but I have NOT used it much since then. I had to buy a special attachment for the hose to fill the tank.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Wat...&wl13=&veh=sem
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:07 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,880
Florida
This video says that when the water starts coming out of the fresh water inlet, you know it's full.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:43 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Garland
Posts: 17
Texas
Hi; We got our Aspen Trail camper last July 2890BHS. Whew big 33' My F150 handles it but just barely. No issues to speak of. Did have to understand how the "touch" thermostat" works. Sensitive, anything someone might brush up against it, it would change the settings. Like put it on heat instead of cool yikes!!.
Lost a hub cap and running light cover. They use pretty cheap lights. Replaced the cover with a whole assemble from Camping world. Over all we are pleased. Hubcap found a web site and ordered they exact replacement.

We joined the "Escapees" group and they have a lot of good tips for upkeep and maintenance.
Wife did a lot of review reading before we ended up with our Aspen Trail.
Any question give me a shout....
__________________

Texas Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×