Aspen Trail AT2510rb water getting in Heater area - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2017, 10:40 PM   #1

New York
Aspen Trail AT2510rb water getting in Heater area

Any one having issues with water getting in the heater area in thru the outside heater vent and destroying the Heater controller ? AF series furnace . i have been thru two controllers. A friend in the business sayth. "Not a recall" there aware. will replace controller and install bracket to keep it out of the way. There not doing anything at this time to change cover to keep water out. Vents are pitched is such a way that water HAS to go in. Currently i have moved the controller and covered the vent till i need heat. I'm not leaving it for weeks during summer to get a warranty repair. the "didnt buy it here" mode kicks in.

Mtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:42 AM   #2

North Carolina
This issue has been discussed numerous times on all the rv forums. If under warranty, your dealer should be able to get a replacement door that doesn't have the vents in it. Some of the original door covers had the vents stamped the wrong way letting water get inside and ruin the control board. Some people tape over the vent while waiting for the new door cover.

Gonefishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:11 AM   #3

New York
Thanks for your reply, I've looked all over different forums found nothing. I was told there was no fix, But they will fix the controller under warranty. Ive moved the controller. And taped over vents. Since i am live in the north and my dealer is in fla...ill have to figure out a way to get a new cover
Mtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aspen trail, atwood heater, water getting in