2020 Coleman 337BH Kitchen slide - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2019, 03:26 AM   #1

South Carolina
2020 Coleman 337BH Kitchen slide

Hey guys brand new here. I bought a 2020 337BH. first trip out and the front side of the kitchen slide didn't come out. Being 4 hours from the dealership and on vocation for 2 weeks they said just push it out. I dropped the camper off on the way home. They temporary fixed it due to us leaving again 4 days later On our second trip. When I picked it up there was wooden blocks at the top of the slide holding it in while we traveled and I was told only to bring it out and in one time. They also said they didn't know if it could be fixed correctly. The damage was severed wires, bent cogs and chains as well as the internal walls bent causing the slide not to go out and be flush. I dropped it off today and I spoke to Coleman as well. They said they would look into it. Has this happened to anyone and what do you guys suggest I do or ask for. Pretty sad for a brand new camper only 4 weeks old.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B8B42C0E-7B9B-4C19-A9B9-8AC398E0EEE0.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	5709   Click image for larger version

Name:	3E2295B4-5881-4631-9A86-B9AE46C0F0CF.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	5710  

Seanxtreme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:51 AM   #2

Illinois
Feel terrible for you. Go to the top and request an even trade for a new unit. Shouldn't be much of a fight if the dealership is questioning whether it could even be fixed. Even if they do fix it, push for an extended warranty to cover that area.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #3

Florida
I agree with Rusty! Find your sales guy, get the manager involved, make yourself heard while other customers are around... Sorry to hear about your issues, it's difficult to say what they are going to end up doing but fixing it will take a while and don't settle for second rate repair work either. It may take them a while to fix it but make sure they do it right.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:32 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Forget the salesman, he is commission driven and has been paid, forget the manager, he's the turn key for the owner, the door between the workers and the owner.
You want to make your way to the guy that has his name on the door. If he doesn't give you a good feeling then you'll what to start your journey to the manufacturer. You'll probably get lost in the dealer/manufacture 'not my problem' dance but hang in there. Do not give up until you are satisfied and don't be blinded by the glitz and glitter of new.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:49 PM   #5

North Carolina
So sorry to hear this. I guess as long as they make it right.. My 2017, 262BH slide rides on rails and runs on gears, no chains. It works every time. Wonder why they went with that design? We have had good success with the Coleman and really enjoy it. Never had a single issue in three years. It gets regular maintenance and washing. I hope it will last us till we're too old to use it anymore.
falconbrother is offline   Reply With Quote