2018 Coleman tank valves - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2018, 02:25 PM   #21
Site Team

North Carolina
Just as an FYI... I have found in my case a good rule if thumb is about 10% of purchase price for upgrades. YMMV

Aaron [emoji41]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:26 PM   #22

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzScout View Post
LOL, thanks guys. Still waiting to hear back from the manufacturer whether it was a mistake or if that is how it comes, hopefully the former so I can just take her back in and get it fixed. If not, I guess I’ll just do it myself and hopefully not screw up my warranty. But I’ve got a couple options, drop the underbelly and install between the tank and the “Y” where the two tanks come together, PITA, or cut off the cap and install there, definitely easier, but should give me a couple more gallons of capacity. Being that the electric valves benefit me and not the wife, not sure the boss will give me the go ahead on the expense, lol, however, I have already picked up the clear elbow with a back flush valve. She’s been home now less than 48hours, still have a lot of other things to do, electrician coming today to put in a 30amp outlet, need to pick up a genny, wife is going out to get bed sets and “pretty” crap, and I ordered an anti sway kit and air bags for the truck last night. It all just keeps adding up, hoping it levels out soon, I just wanna camp��⛺️
TJ Maxx amd ROSS are your friends!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #23

Arizona
OH YES! That is what I just keep picturing... cracking a cold beer with the guys after a successful hunt, grilling meat, watching the kids run around camp... wife is always cold, so she’s by the fire with a couple blankets and a portable heater behind her, hahaha... it’ll be worth it to not spend those trips in a tent with three other guys for a week, it gets real RIPE!!
AzScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:04 PM   #24

Oregon
I can't excuse that kind of oversight. What's next vent the water heater into the cabin!

I would not settle for a temporary valve. I would go to the dealer and look at another similar trailer and as long as it's plumbed correct I would want your trailer fixed as if it came from the factory.
If you have to fix it yourself, It would not be hard to drop the coroplast enough to get in there and add a valve.

Let us know how it works out.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:16 AM   #25

Arizona
Dropped the underbelly, a friend and I put in a valve... done and done. Blows me away that there wasn’t one, but I also didn’t want to wait for it to be installed at the dealership, and never heard back from Dutchmen, figure they’re closed for the weekend. Did not opt for the electric valves, I may regret it, but it’s at least a functional rig now. Thank you all for the advise, hope to come across any of you out there.

AzScout is offline   Reply With Quote