2015 Aspen Trail 2810 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2015, 03:08 AM   #1

Texas
2015 Aspen Trail 2810

Hello again,
Well, Wednesday I went to pick up my first TT. The dealer overlooked installing the black tank flush so will have to go back to pick it up.
Have a question as to hardware you guys have used to install the TV mounts in your TT. I know there is support for the TV but seems pretty thin. I don't want to go all the way through the wall and also don't want the TV falling off. What hardware have you used to install your mount?
Thanks.

aqua vita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:17 AM   #2

Idaho
We got our TV's and mounts from Best Buy. Depending on what you get, I replaced the cheap lag bolts that come with the mounts with much stronger ones from Lowe's. I think I used 1 1/4 lags and pre-drilled holes just smaller than the shank so I didn't split out the wood in the mounting locations. Definitly be VERY carefull because it does seem very thin there. Do yourself a favor and use a 'stud finder'. I drilled where the sticker was in the master bedroom only to find that the sticker was improperly placed. I have extra holes hiding behind the TV...

BackwoodsLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:25 AM   #3

Texas
Thanks BWL.
Another couple questions; do new TT not come with an owners manual? Recieved a bag with all the appliance manuals but no owners manual for the TT itself.
Also, do you have a recommendation for a whole trailer water filter when connected to a main supply? The well water I will be primarily using has a horrible sulphur smell to it.
Thanks again.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:07 AM   #4

Idaho
Mine came with the same package of misc. appliance manuals. No overall manual for me either. I think they use such a variety of materials that it makes it tough to put a book together. I think that this awesome site is better than any owner's manual you could ever want. Lots of people on here fixing things themselves and working thru issues together.

As far as a filter to eliminate sulfur... You are probably looking at a Reverse Osmosis system or an ion exchange (water softener) system.

Here's some good reading on the topic:
Hydrogen Sulfide, Rotten Egg Odor, Sulfur, Rotten Egg Odor in Water

Here's a link to a couple RV R.O. systems: https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/DWRO.htm

RV Ion Exchange Systems at the same site:
https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/SoftenersMineral.htm

Hope this helps!
BackwoodsLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua vita View Post
Thanks BWL.
Another couple questions; do new TT not come with an owners manual? Recieved a bag with all the appliance manuals but no owners manual for the TT itself.
Also, do you have a recommendation for a whole trailer water filter when connected to a main supply? The well water I will be primarily using has a horrible sulphur smell to it.
Thanks again.
The manuals are extremely generic and tell you to refer to the individual component manual.

I use Camco filters on my trailer. Walmart usually has the best prices on them. Replace every season or as needed during the season if they get plugged up due to trashy water.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:19 PM   #6

Texas
Really appreciate the feed back.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:49 PM   #7

Missouri
X2 on the camco water filter. My water has always tasted great. and yes we do drink for the water system. Just on note, if you get one, run water through it before you hook it up to your trailer the first time, or you'll have a bunch of black carbon you will have to flush out. Unfortunately I know!

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:22 PM   #8

Maryland
TV cabinet opening dimensions...

to those who have the '15 Aspen Trail 2810BHS- could anyone provide me with the TV cabinet opening dimensions? we haven't taken delivery of our TT yet and are shopping for TVs. I know that a 29" TV is available as an option, but since TV sizes vary by manufacturer, I'd feel more confident knowing the exact opening dimensions. thank you!
KreinerFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #9

Texas
I do not have the dimensions yet.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #10

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua vita View Post
I do not have the dimensions yet.
I cant help you, but I would suggest calling your salesman and have him measure it for you. That will probably be the quickest way to get the measurements.

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:15 PM   #11

Maryland
we're working on that...they don't have any in stock at the moment. :/
I was hoping this would be quicker, but I 've also noticed a discrepancy in the floorplans for this model, despite being the same model year. A Google search of 2015 Aspen Trail 2810BHS will bring you two different plans, one with an outside entrance door in the bathroom and a walk around (two doors to the bedroom) entertainment center the other with only one outside door and a solid wall between the edge of the sofa and the E Center. I'd hate to get the measurements of the wrong unit, so I think we'll wait a bit to be sure!
KreinerFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:34 PM   #12

Pennsylvania
our 2014 has a 24" from the factory you might be able to go to a 26 but not much larger

warwagon98xj is offline   Reply With Quote