2014 Coleman 19ft TT slide out seal - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2018, 09:45 PM   #1

New York
2014 Coleman 19ft TT slide out seal

I have an issue with the seal under my slide out. It has been a problem since new. When driving in rain the floor of the camper gets flooded. I looked at the seal, it is an "L" shaped rubber flap, thats it, and when the slide out is in, the seal does not touch the underside of the slide out. I have made a temporary repair with some toy hauler rear door seal, however not a permanent fix. When I look at other Coleman campers like mine, the slide outs have a substantial seal under them. I even went as far as to order a new seal thinking a mistake had been made at the factory all to find out, when the seal arrived it was the same cheap rubber flap. I have not ever been able to get any help from Coleman or now Dutchmen/Thor. I tried to get it fixed through Camping World, they weren't any help either. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if anyone knows where I can find resources to get this fixed once and for all. Thanks for your time!

mictin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:56 AM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mictin2 View Post
I have an issue with the seal under my slide out. It has been a problem since new. When driving in rain the floor of the camper gets flooded. I looked at the seal, it is an "L" shaped rubber flap, thats it, and when the slide out is in, the seal does not touch the underside of the slide out. I have made a temporary repair with some toy hauler rear door seal, however not a permanent fix. When I look at other Coleman campers like mine, the slide outs have a substantial seal under them. I even went as far as to order a new seal thinking a mistake had been made at the factory all to find out, when the seal arrived it was the same cheap rubber flap. I have not ever been able to get any help from Coleman or now Dutchmen/Thor. I tried to get it fixed through Camping World, they weren't any help either. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if anyone knows where I can find resources to get this fixed once and for all. Thanks for your time!

Do you have any pictures?

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:21 PM   #3

New York
I can get pictures no problem. Once I have them I'll upload. should be able to post this evening.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:45 PM   #4

New York
Slide out seal botched job

I have attached a couple pics. I did add a piece of flat seal to act as a shield to deflect water, the original seal is a mess. The pics are with the slide out, out, when I put it in, the seal doesn't contact the bottom of the slide out at all by about 1/4 inch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180704_122515911.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	4809   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180704_122453410.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	4810   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180704_122439909.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	4811  
Old 07-04-2018, 05:25 PM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
You should have two sets of seals, the one you are showing and one on the back side of the slide face that seals it when it is in. Assuming you have a standard type of slide. Can you grab a couple of pictures of the slide in, and the side of the slide that touches the trailer when it is in? I haven't looked at a Coleman at the dealer in quite a while.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:33 PM   #6
Site Team

North Carolina
Just noticed you are from Horseheads, NY. My corporate office is in Elmira. Small world! I get up that way a couple of times a year. Great camping... when it isn't frozen!

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:50 PM   #7

New York
Thats quite a surprise, Small world, even on the net! It is good camping up here, currently enjoying a week on the lake. Definitely have to take the good with the frozen, don't take the warm weather for granted, that's for sure. I did run the slide out in and check behind the outer flap, definitely no inner seal, I can see under the slide out into the kitchen. I have looked at my neighbors camper, not a Coleman, but the same basic stuff, he has a nice quality outer seal with an inner seal like you said. Not sure at this point what to do with mine, may have to wait untill camping season is over and take it apart.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:52 PM   #8

New York
If your ever up this way shoot me a note, it isn't every day I meet someone else that has heard of Elmira! Have a good 4th!
Old 07-04-2018, 09:54 PM   #9

New York
Pics behind seal

Took a couple pics with the slide out in, there is nothing behind the outer "seal"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180704_140047581.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	4816   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180704_140059320.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	4817   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180704_140121436.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	4818  
Old 07-08-2018, 01:50 AM   #10

Colorado
I’ve got the same problem with my 2017 Coleman 1805 RB. Please let me know if you got any satisfaction from the manufacturer or Camping World. Thanks
Larimerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:18 AM   #11

Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larimerguy View Post
I’ve got the same problem with my 2017 Coleman 1805 RB. Please let me know if you got any satisfaction from the manufacturer or Camping World. Thanks
I have a 2017 Coleman 1805 RB as well, we drove home in the rain last weekend - June 30 - and did not notice any water inside when we unloaded. Have you had a problem Larimerguy or are you just being pro-active? Maybe I should look more closely?
Thanks for your help ...
KarleenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #12

Florida
Slide out seals

The seals are crap on my 2014 Denali. Water enters during travel in the rain. They are just one single rubber flap AND they were installed with bulges because no one cared what the hell they were doing just like the rest of the construction on our trailer. By the way, we are tearing into the roof this week because the back corner is soft and rotten near the ladder. Yes, it has been inspected regularly and everyone has said it was fine...........and then it isn't! Construction of these units is a tragedy for the owners. I buy coated screws by the pound to replace the cheap crap that rusts and breaks.

GGreGG is offline   Reply With Quote