2014 aspen trail - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2015, 10:10 PM   #11

Oklahoma
Buying a new RV is like buying a basket case engine. It's all in the basket but you know something will be screwed up.

You have tha advantage of being a wrench so you can handle most of the problems. Like many of us, you'll end up doing it yourself instead of relying on a dealer and biting the bullet so it will be repaired correctly.

Rvs are all nuts and bolts, just strange because it's new to you. The members here have a ton of answers and are willing to help out when needed.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:14 PM   #12

Michigan
Thanku sundancer87. Im sure i will b askin a ton of questions. Ive been chking this site out every now and then seems like this site is full of very awesome people.

bowtech251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:59 AM   #13

Michigan
2014 aspen trail

Ok....so heres an update on what happened with my TT. I called dutchmen and talked to dutchmen. They were very friendly and covered the cost of my labor portion which was 150 bucks. So after fighting tooth and nail with dealer and lipper lci....got 4 new drums all paid for with no cost to me. Great right??
Well...picked up camper this monday night. Dealer winterized it last fall so they dewinterized it for free. Got home and parked it. Tuesday cleaned the inside and getting ready for this weekend to use camper. There was poop stain in my toilet bowl. Dry pee stain on my toilet seat. Still had pink anti freeze comming from my faucets. So had to go through and get all antifreeze out from lines. No big deal. Then tonite, went to wash my camper....and dang it....found a new large dent on the side of my camper which wasnt there when i dropped it off. I specifically went around the outside of my TT before dropping it off. There was no dents. Dent is hard to miss it cuz its almost eye level. Im so furious with this dealer!!! You can clearly see that this was a fresh dent by the way the paint is scraped. And the shiny aluminium showing. And you can see the dirty fingerprint from someone rubbing it trying to cover it up. Btw...this dealer is vuerinks rv in grand rapids, michigan. Ill keep yall posted on what happens. I already kno the dealer is gonna claim it was there. So i didnt tell them where the dent was and i also contacted manufacturer. We'll see what the future brings.

bowtech251 is offline   Reply With Quote