2011 Komfort 2950RE A/C fan - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2014, 04:46 AM   #1

California
Question 2011 Komfort 2950RE A/C fan

Hi all, this is my second post to date and i'm hoping i can get some more help. My central A/C - Heater system is not working properly. The Fan motor for the A/C stays on all the time. When im using the A/C i can hear the compressor kick off when it reaches temperature but he fan motor keeps running. This also happens when using the heater, however the heat ducts are in the floor and the A/C ducts are in the ceiling so when using the heater i have cold air comming out of the ceiling vents and warm air comming out of the floor vents. Any ideas?

mwpa123@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwpa123@yahoo.com View Post
Hi all, this is my second post to date and i'm hoping i can get some more help. My central A/C - Heater system is not working properly. The Fan motor for the A/C stays on all the time. When im using the A/C i can hear the compressor kick off when it reaches temperature but he fan motor keeps running. This also happens when using the heater, however the heat ducts are in the floor and the A/C ducts are in the ceiling so when using the heater i have cold air comming out of the ceiling vents and warm air comming out of the floor vents. Any ideas?
Your confussed, I'm confussed.

Are you talking about an A/C with a heat strip? If you have a heat strip in your A/C then the heat will dump from the ceiling vents when in heat mode.

The A/C cools and circulates the air, so the compressor kicks on and of as required. The fan keeps running until you shut in down.

Check to see if you indeed have a heat strip in the A/C, if you do check for power to it and continuity through it. You may have a burnt out heat strip or lack power to the strip.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #3

California
Not sure on yours, but on mine the A/C fan can be set to auto, lo or Hi. On lo & Hi fan will stay running until I shut it off. If I set the fan on low & turn the heater on A/C fan will run no matter what the heater does.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #4

Nevada
What I hear you saying is that when you have A/C running that fan never stops. Have you adjusted the fan speed. While the fan is running you can adjust speed to Hi, Med, Lo, Auto, Fan will stop when in auto. If this is the type of control you have. You can do this by pressing FAN button to adjust.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ac cont.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1180  

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #5

Oklahoma
It sounds like your heater and A/C are running at the same time. I had the exact same thing happen to me on our first trip out. It was cool temps, and I was wanting the heat, but with the A/C running, it would not get warm. I ended up pulling the breaker for the A/C and then it was fine.

Took it to the dealer for that and a leak. Dealer fixed the leak, but said that they could not duplicate the problem with the heater and A/C running at the same time, and gave me a lesson on how the programmable thermostat works (which I was already quite familiar with). I was doing everything right, as it turns out. I don't know if the dealer did anything to the thermostat or not, but what ever it was got resolved. We have never had it happen again. I know this probably doesn't help you, but I do know it was a problem with the thermostat.