Where goes the water? - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2019, 06:22 PM   #21

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVeteran View Post
Roger that!

I like these 4 for $13. But may be a bit of overkill.

https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Style-C...ll-spons&psc=1

ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:22 PM   #22

Florida
Quote:
I like these 4 for $13. But may be a bit of overkill.

https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Style-C...ll-spons&psc=1
Little big.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:33 PM   #23

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Little big.

Hence the "But may be a bit of overkill."
Old 03-23-2019, 09:00 PM   #24

Missouri
Quote:
Wife and I recently spent a couple of nights in the trailer. Getting ready for a big trip. So testing everything and getting in the spirit in the drive way.

We were using both the city water hook up and then the tank water. As usual you can hear the water pump running. Way too loud. (going to isolate the pump with rubber washers or something) But back to the question.

In the middle of the night the pump ran briefly a couple of times when no one was using the water. Is this normal? If so, why?

No leaking faucets. I opened up all the panels I could and checked from pump to kitchen to outside kitchen and under bathroom sink. Can not get under tub easily.

Anyone, any ideas?

Thanks
Bill
I have owned four travel trailers (Nash, Kodiak, Wildwood, and Apex) and the water pump has intermittently sounded for 2 to 3 seconds in every one of these whenever the water pump was on but no faucet was on. The RV shops have never found a leak or a pump problem. Now, when we sleep, we always turn off the water pump. Have not found an explanation for the problem.
Robert Cowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:06 PM   #25

Saskatchewan
Happened to me last spring. Intake line on water pump was a little loose which allowed air in the system. No water leak but annoying to diagnose. Tighten the intake hose clamp. Problem solved
Mbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:12 PM   #26

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbrooks View Post
Happened to me last spring. Intake line on water pump was a little loose which allowed air in the system. No water leak but annoying to diagnose. Tighten the intake hose clamp. Problem solved
Thanks. Maybe that was something the Techs overlooked. I will check it out
Robert Cowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:11 PM   #27

Texas
Another place to look closely, not mentioned here, toilet flush valves are notorious for slight leaks and triggering a pump cycle or 2. Good luck finding the source and keep us posted.

For what it's worth, we have lived in our rig full time now for over 2 years with lots of boondocking and tank/pump use with no pump cycling when no demand on water system. It would drive me nuts.....
CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:59 PM   #28

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Cowan View Post
I have owned four travel trailers (Nash, Kodiak, Wildwood, and Apex) and the water pump has intermittently sounded for 2 to 3 seconds in every one of these whenever the water pump was on but no faucet was on. The RV shops have never found a leak or a pump problem. Now, when we sleep, we always turn off the water pump. Have not found an explanation for the problem.

Stuff just happens to keep us awake haha Or confused.....

Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:00 PM   #29

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCLARK View Post
Another place to look closely, not mentioned here, toilet flush valves are notorious for slight leaks and triggering a pump cycle or 2. Good luck finding the source and keep us posted.

For what it's worth, we have lived in our rig full time now for over 2 years with lots of boondocking and tank/pump use with no pump cycling when no demand on water system. It would drive me nuts.....

That is one I had not thought of or checked.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2019, 05:37 PM   #30

Florida
I had to put teflon tape on all the pump connections. You can't get the plastic nuts tight enough to stop leaking. That was on the 262RLS which was easy. The pump was behind the kitchen drawer.
I haven't even seen it on our 330RLS. Think it's in the cargo bay behind a wall.
GGreGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:34 PM   #31

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGreGG View Post
I had to put teflon tape on all the pump connections. You can't get the plastic nuts tight enough to stop leaking. That was on the 262RLS which was easy. The pump was behind the kitchen drawer.
I haven't even seen it on our 330RLS. Think it's in the cargo bay behind a wall.

Tape is always in my tool box. But I have found no leaks yet. I have to get my snake/camera and check under the tub and a couple of places that are not accessible from panels. Right now I got side tracked with adding a second battery and switch.

Fun Fun!
Old 03-28-2019, 07:13 PM   #32

Arizona
We never leave the pump on when not using it. Nothing like coming back to a flooded trailer. Same for city water, if we are leaving the trailer for any amount of time I turn the water off at the bib. I have experienced the OP's issue on occasion and never have found a leak. I vote for the pump being the issue and even buying a new one may not alleviate the issue. Seeing as my current pump is close to 10 years old I have opted for the new SeaFlo pump which is supposed to arrive today. Bought on Amazon for $60 with a 4 year warranty. I will keep the old, and still functional, pump for an emergency back up for a year or so. It would be interesting to know what was causing the cycling if you ever find out.
RichH
Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups.
aguablanco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:04 PM   #33

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguablanco View Post
We never leave the pump on when not using it. Nothing like coming back to a flooded trailer. Same for city water, if we are leaving the trailer for any amount of time I turn the water off at the bib. I have experienced the OP's issue on occasion and never have found a leak. I vote for the pump being the issue and even buying a new one may not alleviate the issue. Seeing as my current pump is close to 10 years old I have opted for the new SeaFlo pump which is supposed to arrive today. Bought on Amazon for $60 with a 4 year warranty. I will keep the old, and still functional, pump for an emergency back up for a year or so. It would be interesting to know what was causing the cycling if you ever find out.
RichH

I heartily agree with turning the water off when away from Trailer. Our friends came back to the toilet over flowing! The flush control somehow got stuck on. How they did not hear it when they left,

I have no idea. They don't know either. What a mess, I cant imagine.

I will get back to finishing my search for the leak after my back heals a bit. Wrenched it somehow ughh. Get my snake camera and check all the places I cannot see.

Thanks all for the input!

Bill
Old 04-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #34

Texas
Try toilet flush valve for leak since you have no evidence ensewhere. Empty water at bedtime and see if level is up in morning.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:11 PM   #35

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efbarszcz View Post
Try toilet flush valve for leak since you have no evidence ensewhere. Empty water at bedtime and see if level is up in morning.

Thanks, I did check that.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #36

South Carolina
Okay, I have finished checking everywhere I can see and reach. I used my snake camera for the spots that were not reachable behind panels and cabinetry. No leaks anywhere. I am 95% convinced I do not have a problem with a leak. Where the water pressure is going down to run the pump on occasion in middle of the night? I have no idea.

So I will keep an eye on it.

RV there yet

Have fun

Bill