To caulk or not to caulk... - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2017, 11:25 PM   #21

Texas
Honestly don't know Westiedude. But I have pictures of water high enough in the house that I'm guessing it's very close to about floor height of the 213. But that's a guess and nobody kayaked to the other side of the pond to check.

Regardless, at this point ya just accept things and make a plan to recover.

I do wonder though, would a submerged floor of an average RV total it? I only ask because I can't see how you could replace everything properly or economically.

The lemonade I'm drinking is I have one of my trucks, an RV, and even one of my bikes with me. So when I get home, I gotta roof over my head and reliable transportation.

My kids, on the other hand, ......hmmm, their still young and will see this whole thing differently. However, I told them to relax. Dad isn't a young kid who's un-insured or even underinsured. I'm one of them grownups that actually pays the premiums.

After all these decades, this will be the first time I have ever had a claim.

2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:29 PM   #22

Tennessee
I would think any significant water damage would total it. I like your attitude, things can be replaced, people can't. As long as everyone is safe, it's a good day.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:02 AM   #23

Texas
Too bad they don't just float like a big Styrofoam igloo cooler. They have so much in common.

That'd be so cool. I'd just go home and reel it back over to the shore.

As for the attitude, I've got no right to whine (much) on the bad days when I've been so blessed on the Tens of thousands of those other days.

1. I was born AFTER electricity, indoor plumbing, and even air conditioning was invented. Think about that. None of it existed EVER, in the history of mankind, until recently.
2. Then, if that wasn't good fortune enough, out of 6 BILLION current residents on this planet, I was birthed in the U.S.A.
What were the odds?
3. Bear with me on this one.......And not just anywhere in this amazing country, but TEXAS. (ok ok. Some folks just don't really get state pride. But it just comes with the culture down here)

Anyways, I could go on & on. (I haven't barely gotten started. My grandmother, mother, wife ALL were remarkable woman. I was doted over and adored. No one man could possibly of been worthy of just one of those ladies. How did I enjoy all 3?)

See? Already a flood coming along and trashing a bunch of wood, sheetrock, carpet, appliances...... almost seems trivial.

It's just perspective. All my babies are safe!!
And those 3 ladies are all together now. In case ya can't tell, I firmly believe I'll rejoin them soon enough.

But DANG, that IS a lot of water! Lol
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:38 AM   #24

Illinois
Great attitude. Wishing the best for you, your family, and everyone else impacted in the Republic. Can't help noticing the difference between Katrina and Harvey. A little hand up and you Texans will be stronger than ever. Bless em all.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is online now   Reply With Quote