Short story, then question. - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2018, 10:44 PM   #21

Colorado
Now...give yourself a strong "Needs Improvement" rating for not going through and checking all the closed spaces...oven, micro, fridge, freezer, cabinets...to make sure you have everything out!!!

Keep Baking Soda in the fridge and freezer all the time...except perhaps when traveling.

Like many things...the more surface area exposed to the stink, the sooner the baking soda will do its job. So I pour it in a 6" diameter plastic bowl and set that in the fridge/freezer. Then when traveling I can just snap the lid on and store the baking soda somewhere else, or take it out and dispose of it.

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:25 PM   #22

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTWags View Post
OK. The wife and I went out for the first time this year a few weeks ago. Great trip, nothing went wrong, wonderful time. Last friday we went out again to a new spot on our favorite lake. Pulled up, set up, opened the kitchen to start setting up, HOLY S%^&! WTF died in here?!?!?!? Back up, gag, regain composure. Look around kitchen from a distance, nothing. Open refer and just about lose breakfast all over the trailer. So I held my breath, squinted (cause I thought that might help) and opened the fridge. WOW. I've never smelled anything so foul. I've ridden a motorcycle past dead skunks on 100 degree days, and they were like smelling roses compared to this. Nothing in the fridge, so I pop open the freezer and see the offender. A bag of liquid hamburger patties. Yes, I said liquid. 2 weeks of hot storage did them in. After HAZMAT left with the biohazard, I tried to clean, deodorize and make the fridge useable. No go. Question: how can I get rid of the smell, without buying a whole new refrigerator???
The best way to get the stink out is to apply vinegar, cheap white vinegar, spray in shut the door and let it sit... if that does not work since it has been a few, smear baking soda in the freezer and then spray vinegar on it, it will foam up, shut the door and leave it for a few... I think you will find that will take it out...

mdtimepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #23

Florida
How did this turn out? Inquiring minds would like to know!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #24

Oklahoma
Believe it or not, haven't been back to the trailer since treating it with bleach and baking soda. Life...
Old 07-15-2018, 06:22 PM   #25

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTWags View Post
Believe it or not, haven't been back to the trailer since treating it with bleach and baking soda. Life...
EEEEUUUUWWWW!

Maybe it turned out A OK then... one can only hope. Camping world has a sale on their fridges this week...
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:52 PM   #26

Oklahoma
lol, yea, I was already looking at replacements.