schwintek slide control box location? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2018, 10:12 PM   #1

Iowa
schwintek slide control box location?

Hello, I have a 2014 Kodiak 300bhsl and having issues with my living room slide. Doing some research on the manual override process, I need to locate the control box to release power to the motors in order to push the slide in. Anyone know where the control box is located?

I backed into the slide with my ATV and it is pushed in at the bottom, kind of hanging down and won't retract. I was looking to jack it up back level once I either disengage the motors or disconnect power. I figured either way, I may need to see what lights are indicating on the control box. What a deal I got myself into to say the least.

Thanks!

Kevin Moline

kodiak247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:44 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak247 View Post
Hello, I have a 2014 Kodiak 300bhsl and having issues with my living room slide. Doing some research on the manual override process, I need to locate the control box to release power to the motors in order to push the slide in. Anyone know where the control box is located?

I backed into the slide with my ATV and it is pushed in at the bottom, kind of hanging down and won't retract. I was looking to jack it up back level once I either disengage the motors or disconnect power. I figured either way, I may need to see what lights are indicating on the control box. What a deal I got myself into to say the least.

Thanks!

Kevin Moline
The control unit will probably be located in one of the exterior cabinets. Look on the ceiling or walls or behind a panel.
I think you may have more damage than electrically disengaging the motors will help. If the slide is hanging down it sounds as if the shaft gear and track have been separated somewhere. Lifting the slide may get it level but pushing it back in may be out of the question.
Good luck with locating the control unit and getting the slide back inside. If you do get it in don't forget to block it so it won't slide out accidentally. Also, reconnect the motors to apply the motor brakes.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:52 PM   #3

Iowa
Thanks for the quick response. I'm heading down to the camper's location this weekend with a boat load or tools, jacks, etc. If I'm able to get it manually pushed in it will be a blessing for sure.

Thanks again,
Kevin
kodiak247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:57 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak247 View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I'm heading down to the camper's location this weekend with a boat load or tools, jacks, etc. If I'm able to get it manually pushed in it will be a blessing for sure.

Thanks again,
Kevin
With it hanging down some I wonder if you didn't break the header over the slide. The would be on the inside, the part that closes up against the wall when extended.

We need a photo too!
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:09 PM   #5

Indiana
In our ‘14 Aerolite the box is on the floor behind the drawer under the oven. Right next to the water pump (which I don’t necessarily agree with...).

2000 GMC Yukon XL K2500
2014 Aerolite 282DBHS
Old 03-25-2018, 12:33 AM   #6

Virginia
I had a 2014 BHSL and the control box was under the cabinet on the wall separating the kitchen area and the bunkhouse. There are some louvered wood sections in a square wood frame that fits into the lower part of the wall (it looks like a fancy vent) with 4 hidden phillips head or hex type screws that must be removed and then you can pull the whole frame like structure out. Needless to say the small kitchen slide must be out. That's where my control box was.
tarsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:41 PM   #7

Maryland
On my 2015 300BHSL it is in the location described by tarsam.

2011 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4
2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
mjcarte is offline   Reply With Quote