Really starting to question Kodiak quality control - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #1

Colorado
Really starting to question Kodiak quality control

After a total of 4.5 weeks in for warranty service with outside speakers not working, cabinet door hung crooked, broken over center island light,defective sink counter top,rear outside door not latching and now today noticed the front screen door has about a .5inch gap at the upper right hand corner(looking out from the inside)If there's a way of adjusting let me know, I'm starting to wonder if i have a lemon. The dealer eventually fixed most with occasional real shoddy work(Has not looked at the front screen door). Is this a typical Kodiak issue?Oh yeah on the way home Friday after pu from the dealer i parked it and a piece of slide trim had fallen off on the way home. Noticed the small trim pieces on both slides were loose so I fixed them my self. Have yet to go camping since April.

Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #2

New York
Well our Rubicon has been at the dealer a week now and still have not gotten any response from Dutchmen Customer Service about some MAJOR issues we have (nail or screw coming thru the fiberglass from the inside out)......so no idea when we will get our TH back but I can tell you I won't be missing out on any of our planned trips!!!!!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #3

Perhaps we have just been lucky, but we have had very few issues with our 2012 Kodiak 263RLSL and have had only one trip back to the dealer. A piece of ceiling trim won't stay "fastened", the lug nuts rusted and had to be replaced and one of the propane tanks developed a leak. Perhaps the surge in sales over the last couple of years has resulted in units being rushed to completion with little quality control.
BigBoyjack b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:20 AM   #4

Colorado
I've been in a very large IT company in the service divison for over 34 years,call me anal but this TT should not of left the factory. The out come is I get PO'd at the dealer but most of the issues I have are factory related. Think I'm going to have a chat with the GM of the dealership.
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #5

Torch, if you search around on this site, there are previous posts about service issues that includes names of people at Dutchman which may help facilitate your direct contact. The dealers do not seem to have very much influence and from what you described, I would agree it seems like factory issues that should be resolved. The GM might be able to help some and I am sure CO has a consumer affairs department that might be able to help.
BigBoyjack b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #6

Ohio
I had few issues with my Kodiak a bent screen a drawer that wouldn’t stay shut bad antenna and water heater and radio all fixed in three weeks at Holman RV
kodiak 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #7

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
I've been in a very large IT company in the service divison for over 34 years,call me anal but this TT should not of left the factory. The out come is I get PO'd at the dealer but most of the issues I have are factory related. Think I'm going to have a chat with the GM of the dealership.
I have been thinking the same thing. The QC supervisor should be fired, or sent back for retraining. One would think a large main item like the airconditioning,furnace or HwH would really be watched and insptected. Come to think of it any thing that is covered up should be QC'ed, period.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #8

Ohio
My was done in two weeks they did 7 things to it even gave it a bath filled the propane too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kodiak.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	536   Click image for larger version

Name:	kodiak2.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	537   Click image for larger version

Name:	kodiak left.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	538  
kodiak 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #9

I also wonder if I got a lemon. I have an 09 195 with the HORRIBLE Thermarest bunkends, I have fiberglass delamination occuring, the water pump is dead, the stereo is dead, the water tank fill hose leaks inside the trailer. This thing is horrible. Its been used maybe 7 times and is tarped in the off season. Theres NO reason for all these problems other than SHODDY WORKMANSHIP.

KDOG is offline   Reply With Quote