Outside Utility Light Not Working - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2018, 04:06 AM   #1

Maryland
Outside Utility Light Not Working

Hello. Just bought a 2018 Aerolite 242. The outdoor light back by all the utility hookups stopped working. It worked at the dealership, but stopped working the next day. The dealer did install a Furrion backup camera that wired into the upper red market lights so I don’t think that would of caused the utility light to stop working?? I did put a volt meter to the light socket and switch, but everything reading zero. Could either of the wires come loose to cause this?? Thanks.

Ray

Aerolite 242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:20 AM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolite 242 View Post
Hello. Just bought a 2018 Aerolite 242. The outdoor light back by all the utility hookups stopped working. It worked at the dealership, but stopped working the next day. The dealer did install a Furrion backup camera that wired into the upper red market lights so I don’t think that would of caused the utility light to stop working?? I did put a volt meter to the light socket and switch, but everything reading zero. Could either of the wires come loose to cause this?? Thanks.

Ray
Sounds like it is also connected to another switch in they system - Mine is also connected to t the awning lights so I have to have them on before the outdoor utility light will work. Drove me crazy for about an hour before the boss lady said in that know it all voice "why not turn the awning lights on cause they were on at the dealership"... I hate it when she is right....

Red Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:47 AM   #3

Maryland
Thanks Red Badger! I will try turning other lights on and see if this does the trick. Thanks for the tip and hopefully this solves it.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:41 PM   #4

Michigan
RedBadger - you can wire that utility light to the other side of the awning switch and it will have power all the time instead of only when the awning light is on.
nickthehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #5

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthehunter View Post
RedBadger - you can wire that utility light to the other side of the awning switch and it will have power all the time instead of only when the awning light is on.
He is right, tho check fuse it's 12 volt, and my problem it's happened twice is the 110 plug ins wasn't working, found out you have to reset bathroom plug in, why it has kicked off have no idea yet
djames37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:14 PM   #6

Maryland
Got it figured out! The Aerolite 242’s outside utility light is connected to the inside security lights. Thanks for the advice!!
Old 06-02-2018, 03:20 AM   #7

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthehunter View Post
Thanks! Will look into this!

Djames - Thank you for your input as well!!!

Redbadger

Red Badger is offline   Reply With Quote