outside radio /keypad - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #1

outside radio /keypad

we have an aerolite 269bhss
there is no power to the outside radio or keypad ,is this a fuse or something the dealer needs to look at?
thx salmon 16

salmon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #2

Re: outside radio /keypad

Are you talking about getting the outside speakers to work? Where is this radio located? I've never seen a radio on the outside of the camper. On my 284BHSL the am/fm/dvd/noaa radio is inside and I can select the outside speakers which is "C". A is the bedroom and B is the main room.

06 F250 with a power stroke
KC9SVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #3

California

Our set-up is the same as KC9SVJ, "C" being the outside speakers.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #4

British Columbia

On some of the 2012's there is a marine audio system on the outside with a usb plug just inside the door for an mp3 player. The system runs independant of the inside system. Our 212RBSL has this system, only things I don't like are no remote and can be turned on by any passerby. I will be installing a power switch beside the usb plug to control the transient button pusher

Cheers
Daryl B.
grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #5

Our 212RBSL has the outside marine radio also. After working fine since we purchased in February, it suddenly had no power on our trip last week. Perhaps it is just loose wires since this was our loungest road trip so far. However, there is almost no access to the unit since it's behind the Oven. Also, the outside speakers will not work at all, either with the marine radio or the inside system. Prior to this trip, all worked fine and outside speakers worked with either radio.

Will have to see about pulling out the oven to access wiring for the outdoor radio. Not sure I want to bring this to dealer just yet for what is probably a very simle fix. Anyone have advice on pulling the oven please let me know.

Like the idea of a power switch but not sure there is power going to the USB connector by the door. Please let us know if this works.
old - 1995 Jayco 1007 pop-up (lost to a fallen branch)
DwnSth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #6

we did get the radio to work ,pulled the fuse and reinserted it ,as for the keypad still no power . we have some other small issues ,a faulty blind and damaged awning ,the replacememt awning did come in but it had a flaw .This is our first tt ,getting parts seems to take forever
Old 04-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #7

British Columbia

If you have a volt/ohm meter or test light, The voltage testing can be fairly easy. On the door jam there are 2 buttons and adjacent spring loaded plungers on the door itself, the trailer side should have 12v and that location. If there is power the problem is in the door, if there isn't power then the problem is in the trailer. Hope this helps a little and I did find a user manual for the radio, not much but better than what didn't come with the radio:
http://www.prospecelectronics.com/manua ... manual.pdf

Cheers
Daryl B.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #8

thankyou for the info ,i will give that a try,a question where did you get your unit from? ,we live in north vancouver
Old 04-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #9

British Columbia

Hey, welcome fellow BC'er. We ordered our trailer from Meridian RV in 100 Mile House, Doug and crew were very good to us and so far only problem was the remote for the Touch Audio system didn't work and 1 window knob was stripped. We haven't done a shakedown weekend yet, but it should be soon as most of the snow is gone at the lower altitudes. Where did you purchase your Trailer?

Cheers Daryl B.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #10

Hi
We purchased ours from meridian too,here in Vancouver they seem like good outfit .Getting parts from Dutchman is another story,had it out on the long weekend up at Alice Lake outside of Squamish.It towed pretty good, our tv 2011 gmc serria crew short 5.3 with all the tow options.We didn't break any speed records on the ups but did ok,trailer was flawless other than the keypad.
thx again for your input
Duane
Old 04-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #11

British Columbia

Our TV is an 07 with the same specs, smaller trailer though. I also have an F250 super duty with a diesel for work and there are times when I get into some of the bigger bumps that it doesn't even have enough power. I was down at the Lordco trade show at the PNE 2 weeks ago and bought a SS cat back exhaust system. Once I have it installed and put a few miles on with the trailer, I'll let you know if the upgrade was worth the money. I expect that it will be money well spent.

Cheers
Daryl B.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #12

Hello. We have just returned from our first camping trip. The marine radio and "C" speakers are not working on our Dutchman Aerolite 212RBSL. Sounds like Dutchman may have a problem with this item. We are contacting our RV dealership in Parksville tomorrow.

Have only had the trailer a month and this will be it's second visit to the dealership for repairs. The first time was because the furnace stopped working. YIKES! I hope this is not going to be the norm; it's kinda taking the excitement off the purchase.
Thorathora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #13

Saskatchewan

Well, the items you are having issues with are not Dutchmen brands so can't get upset with them... At least that's my way of thinking. It's the craftsmanship issues that get me upset the most...

Dave.
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:36 AM   #14

Had the exact same problem. The fix is very simple, however the wiring is all directly behind the stove. Our TT (and yours) being new, I just don't want to remove things like that yet. So, we had a few other things for the dealer to look at. They somewhat fixed things. The outside radio works with the outside speakers. But we still don't have the 'C' speakers working from the inside system. I'll fix this later myself when I feel like pulling the stove out. Regardless what component is giving you a problem, the dealer should repair/replace durring the 12 month warrenty. Other than a few small problems all hanled by the dealer I can't complain about the workmanship or the equipment in the Aerolites.
old - 1995 Jayco 1007 pop-up (lost to a fallen branch)
DwnSth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #15

Michigan
We had trouble with the keyless entry also and found it was an issue with having a fully charged battery.
Our speakers were not working also but made a list of all the warranty items and got them fixed. I once saw a video which was mainly about the Amish but they showed them working for the RV industry and talk about a fast assembly line--no wonder there are issues with the products!

RetiredRN is offline   Reply With Quote