No Sound - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2017, 11:02 PM   #1

New York
No Sound

New to this forum, so bear with me! New to camping after a 25 year hiatus. So new we purchased 2 campers in 3 months ( just not big enough)! Bought a 2017 Kodak 320BHSL. Looking for specs on mounting a TV in the bunkhouse. I don't want to pop a screw though the back! We had a thorough inspection, however, never turned on the receiver. We have NO SOUND AT ALL. I have pulled the Furrion 3100 receiver out and found 3 wires dangling (not even stripped) I've called all over without much luck. I can wire it. I only need schematics with the correct color connections.

rugbylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:01 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Welcome to the forums. Did you get a manual for the Furrion? It has that information in it. If you have DV3100 I have attached the manual for it. Furrion is pretty good about sending you things if you contact them through their website.

Aaron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IM-DV3100-V1.0.pdf (5.31 MB, 135 views)

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:29 AM   #3

New York
It's not the Furrion receiver. It works perfectly. The camper speakers are not hooked up correctly. I uploaded the Dutchmen Kodiak manual and it doesn't show any specifics related to wiring. As far as the wiring for the Furrion everything is labeled extremely well. It's the Dutchmen wiring that's the problem. I have the know how just not the color coding. Unfortunately it's a 5 hour round trip to the dealer:/
Old 06-18-2017, 12:45 AM   #4

Ohio
I would suggest you take one speaker down / off to examine it. That should give you color code on how they wired it. Second suggestion is only hook up one pair at a time to test what speakers it feeds. You may have to hook up two pairs to one Furion zone. I think they are two zone (A & B).

Even if you hooked them up "backwards" they would still likely work, since audio circuits operate on alternating current principles.
2015 Voltage 3605
KN5DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:52 AM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
You are most likely NOT going to find a Dutchmen wiring diagram. We are pretty sure they don't have any, I know the dealers don't have them either.

Best bet is going to be to pull a speaker and check to see how it was wired, and if that matches the colors of the wires behind the stereo. Welcome to the world of Dutchmen ownership!

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #6

Tennessee
Probably best to pull all the speakers anyways, half of the screws in mine weren't holding, they cut the mounting hole way to big. Then you can wire and secure them at the same time.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:03 PM   #7

New York
Thanks for all the guidance and encouragement. I guess 10 years in electronics assembly paid off. Fixed it. Too many wires crossed or not attached to even explain. Onto the next project...mounting a 32" TV in the bunkhouse! Any suggestions would help. I'm now afraid to pop a screw through the back of the camper
Old 06-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #8

New York
Too late popped 2 screws through�� That was after a conversation with Dutchmen telling me where the plate was and to utilize a 1 1/4" screw.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:49 PM   #9

Nevada
Rugbylou, well since you went through, turn them around and then seal them up real good, place 2 nuts on them, so there is less chance of coming loose...
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:03 PM   #10

New York
Still no sound

Well, I did fix the sound. However, when you shut it off it will not come back on. It appears to me to be a ground issue. We've had a great, albeit WET, camping season and utilized bluetooth speakers. I would really like to fix this issue once and for all. Dutchmen has been no help . I can't locate a dealer that will work on it as we "didn't purchase from them". The guys we bought it from are out of business:/ I have tried unsuccessfully to find a mobile tech.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #11

Tennessee
You'd probably be better off ditching the furrion and getting a double din automotive DVD player, my Furrion unit has been junk from day one I just haven't got around to replacing it yet.