New to Coleman - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2019, 02:18 AM   #1

Alberta
New to Coleman

Just purchased my first Coleman camper. It’s a 2015 296 BH. I was curious if anyone has any tips for this model or what to look out for. So far so good! Really like this floor plan.

One question I had was how do I turn the led strip lights on that run under the awning ? Lol

I haven’t used the unit yet and just recently changed all the lights to LEDs and couldn’t find a switch. So I’m assuming they just done work ?

Thanks everyone!

Nate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #2

Florida
Hello Nate, welcome to the forum!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:19 AM   #3

Tennessee
Hi Nate, my Coleman has the InCommand system that controls most things and it actually works quite well. Is there a control panel or touchpad mounted near the front door?
Brown Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:46 AM   #4

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lantern View Post
Hi Nate, my Coleman has the InCommand system that controls most things and it actually works quite well. Is there a control panel or touchpad mounted near the front door?
There sure is, just above the fire place is where the panel I believe you’re referring to. But there’s no specific switch for the Strip light. But there is a switch for the lights above the island and a light just over the entrance. Was thinking it would be on the same switch as it’s the only light switch that’s labeled. ??

Thanks
Old 05-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #5

Tennessee
Some Coleman's had the lights marked "Interior" and "Exterior" with individual switches in the bath and bedroom. Have you tried downloading the manual?
https://www.dutchmen.com/rv-manuals-online
Old 05-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #6

Alberta
Thanks!

There only one switch in the bathroom which actually controls the light and exhaust fan. The awning is on the opp. side and I have the manual and it doesn't mention the LED lights on the awning, sadly. I'll just have to do some trouble shooting with my Meter.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:09 PM   #7

Illinois
I have a '14 274BH, and it has been great. Bought it slightly used in 16, and have about 5000 miles on it so far.

Like you the first thing I did was replaced all the incandescent with LED. On mine the control panel that has the tank and battery levels and pump/heater switches also has the awning retract/extend switch and the strip light. The LED light on the awning one would think the light switch would be right next to the extend/retract switch as well.

Keep the roof clean and UV protected, check the seams and caulking, and wash the sides a couple times a year as well as a good wax at least once a year and that will keep the interior from having issues down the road.

About the only thing inside that you want to be watchful of is the side of the dinette that is in the open. It is weak and the corner tends to be pulled on, and people stretching against the back will weaken it more. This is probably true on all of them, so if it wiggles, get some of those angle brackets, both the flat face and corner type and screw them into the corners. Stiffens the seat right up .

That is pretty much all I found with mine, have nothing bad to say about it. Everything else is just common upgrades that would have been done regardless of brand or model.

Today I just got mine out of the barn and finally installed the Strongarms I bought in 2017! What a difference! No more wiggle, feels nice and solid.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:11 AM   #8

Alberta
Hot water heater

Hey everyone.

So I was curious if anyone knew the size of the anode of the

Hot water heater for a 2015 Coleman 296 BH. It’s 1/2” npt thread. I purchased a standard 9 inch but it appears to be too long.

Thanks!!
Old 06-25-2019, 05:15 AM   #9

Alberta
Does this size look correct? I haven’t seen this length before. My guess this would work just fine with the size issue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA6CC021-DCB7-4D80-8678-FF91D37431C3.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	5543  
Old 06-25-2019, 01:45 PM   #10

Tennessee
Not to be a tool, but are you sure it needs one? My 2014 Aerolite has an
Atwood hwh and it has a stainless tank, no anode required. I thought most newer campers had the stainless tank
Old 06-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #11

Alberta
I thought about that! But I dont have a lot of experience with newer campers. My Older had one so I just assumed they all did? You totally could be right. I looked online and my Manual didn’t have any info for me.

I’ll keep looking. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2019, 01:58 PM   #12

Tennessee
My old camper had one as well, but not my current one. The model # should be easy to find behind the outside door, a quick google search should tell you.