New Aerolite Missing Auto-Leveling? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2017, 04:19 AM   #1

Oregon
New Aerolite Missing Auto-Leveling?

Hello,

I just purchased a new 2017 Aerolite 284BHSL. The invoice stated that the unit we bought came with the "Millennium Package". I thought this meant it came with auto-leveling. When I discovered that ours did not I inquired to the salesman. He insisted that the Millennium package came with auto leveling on 2018 but not 2017 models. This sounded fishy and since he was not a helpful salesman by nearly any measure (bordering on obnoxious) I tried to verify this on the internet. Turns out this is actually quite difficult. In any case I took him at his word and went through with the purchase. Today I e-mailed a Dutchmen representative and asked him the same question. He said some 2017 models do, some don't. I sent a picture of my rig and he said it should have it. I told him that it did not and asked whether the dealer could have "de-installed" it. No response.

Sorry for the filibuster but my question is: Could/would a dealer remove an auto-leveling apparatus from a new trailer (for instance to add to another unit)? Is this tractable/feasible/worth the effort??

Thanks in advance for reading this far!!

defilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:19 AM   #2

Illinois
I guess it's possible they could have removed it. How did the Dutchmen rep verify the unit was supposed to have it? By VIN? If so, you may have a leg to stand on. Generally on most brochures, they have a small disclaimer stating models may differ than what it represented. Manufacturers change and substitute all kinds of parts during assembly based on price, availability, etc. Believe it or not, it may have been even scheduled for it but got missed during assembly. If you ever take an RV factory tour, you can see how it can happen. Contact the rep again or go to a different dealer and find out how they assumed it was supposed to come equipped. Good luck.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote