My plans for our Aerolite 212 RBSL - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #1

British Columbia
My plans for our Aerolite 212 RBSL

Thought I would post what we've got and what mods we will be doing with it. Please post your plans for your TT.
Just got our 2012 212 RBSL SE and Aerolite has deleted the outdoor stove , but included the BBQ mount off of the back bumper ;-hap . I'm not sure that I'm happy or sad for this change, would be nice to have both.
Some of the mods in order for this year will be:
- A Trimetrics battery monitor and possibly solar panel install.
- 2 Exide 6V golf cart batteries, new last year and removed from trade in
- LED lighting from Rigid Industries https://www.rigidindustries.com/category-s/144.htm
I had the 3 led version in our traded in Palomino and we were very happy with the results.
- Roof vent covers for the front and rear vents.
- Storage, storage, storage.

Cheers
Daryl B.

grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Community Founder

Re: My plans for our Aerolite 212 RBSL

Thanks for the post.

Will you post pictures in the Mod Forum as you go?

eRVm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #3

Looking forward to following your mods. Just ordered 212RBSL. After a lot of research found that new units will not come with the outdoor kitchen. Not sure why they eliminated it but will be just as hapy with the bumper mount grill. We are actaully getting a built unit with the First Class package (electric jacks, frameless windows etc.) Couldn't pass up price. Wondering what the SE on yours is?

Anyway, many of the mods you are planning are ones I will be considering but not too sure about my ability to do some of them. Good luck and please post your work.
old - 1995 Jayco 1007 pop-up (lost to a fallen branch)
DwnSth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #4

British Columbia

The SE is actually the First Class Package and yes the extra cost was very little in comparison to what is included in the package.

I will post pictures and thoughts as I progress through my wish list. I was dealing with a Canadian solar distributor that has sent me to altestore.com to purchase the TM 2025-RV battery system monitor. I figured the best place to start is figure out our usage is and then dimension the solar panel install to suit. The last system I installed about 12 years ago was very under dimensioned and installed in such a fashion that it was very difficult to expand on. This time I want to do it right so on with the research.

One of the storage mods will be to divide the under bed storage in half front to back and then a tray that will slide from side to side above the division, saw this in another trailer when we were shopping and it seemed to make sense. Hopefully I won't add more than 10 or 12 pounds to over all weight.

Cheers
Daryl B.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #5

British Columbia

I managed to get by the dealers compound to get some picture, can't wait for spring:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000081 resize.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	1   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000082 resize.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	2  
Old 02-17-2012, 04:05 AM   #6

British Columbia

And here some inside pictures, slide is retracted:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000083 resize.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	3   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000084 resize.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	4  
Old 02-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #7

Very nice Trailer. That look's Super Slick.

Colin & Karen
Calgary Alberta
2012 3500 Longhorn Ram Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen Sport 265 BHS
FlyingDutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #8

Washington

Very nice! It's amazing how far TT's have come in the last couple of years. I really prefer the flat floor plan to a 5er!

Glenn and Cheryle- loving retirement
Spokane, Washington
2012 Denali 289RK
2012 F150 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow
Denali2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #9

Very nice, we just got the exact same unit with same interior.

We've had ours out last weekend and will be heading to another nearby state park next weekend. I know exactly how it is to look at your 'toys' in the winter having lived near Chicago for many years. Being back in the south we really appreciate the longer camping and boating seasons.

All working well with the exception of the keyless entry (went out after first day) and the TV mounting position (you should check, can't view from the dinette if it's in same position as ours also see my other post). Also, check the grill shipped with the unit fits the mounting plate on the back. Ours did not but dealer had one in-stock that did. Other small things, no sink drain catches and no sink covers. All taken care of after walk through but not sure if everyone would know to even look for these things.

Very happy with the 212RBSL, perfect size for us, tows easy and can sleep an additional adult if needed. Handled the 2 of us, 90lb golden retriever and my college age son even stayed one night.
old - 1995 Jayco 1007 pop-up (lost to a fallen branch)
DwnSth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #10
Community Founder

Thanks, grump.

They've come a long way. We owned a 2003 Aerolite 26RKS. In the 2 years we owned it, we enjoyed it a lot, but it grew small when our grandson started camping with us. We hated to sell it, but we got $200 more than we paid for it , and; I kept the WD hitch.
We went from a 26' trailer to a 33' in 2006.
eRVm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #11

British Columbia

Thanks for the heads up Dwn Sth, I will be doing the acceptance walk through once it stays above freezing overnight so please forward along any other issues or concerns that you discover. I will continue adding to this thread as I move forward with this TT.

Also, I did get the Trimetric 2025-A and I'm very impressed with it's capability but then I am a wireless telecom technician and geeky things flow in my blood, hence I also sequence my Halloween and Christmas lights to music as one of my according to the better half too many hobbies.

Cheers
Daryl Banks
Old 05-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #12

British Columbia

Well I've been a little tardy on the updates, so here goes:
We picked the trailer up at the beginning of April and brought it home. I've changed over to the 2-6V batteries, completed the wiring for the Bogart industries battery monitor system and changed out 3 light fixtures to the 3 led panels from rigid industries. I've had to order more led panels and I think that I will change the outside panels to the 6 led version. I know "didn't happen unless there are pictures" they are coming.
We had the inaugural trip last weekend and we just love the trailer, it suits our needs perfectly. The provincial park we went to is only 32 k from our house, so a nice quick highway drive. When we arrived at the gates just off the highway I used my infrared thermometer to check the tire and hub temps, all hubs and 3 out of the 4 tires were running nice and cool, the 4th tire was running about 5 degrees F hotter than the other 3. Upon further inspection the tread was all feathered off to the outside of the lug, once we were at the campsite I measured the toe on the axle and low and behold there is a 1/4" of toe in. One tire is running fine and the other is scrubbing, It would appear the the axle stub was installed slightly out of alignment when built at the factory. So I dropped it off at the Dealer yesterday and they are looking after it. Once I have it back, I will take lots of pictures start a new post in the Mods forum.

Cheers
Daryl B.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #13

Florida
What is all that white stuff under the camper?...LOL
Anderson Hitch
Coneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #14

Illinois
thats a sweet looking rig maybe thats my next one ha ha
flyingdutchmen0625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #15

Tennessee
I'll look forward following your mods. We had a Casita for 10 years. We loved it, but decided to get a bit more space, so this past fall we bought a Kodiak 221 RBSL. The floor plan looks a very similar to yours, but must be a foot or two longer, as we have the entertainment center at the foot of the bed and the furnace/pantry where your entertainment center is.

We'll be making our first major trip this summer, so the shakedown is sure to be an adventure. By the time we get home, I'm sure I'll have a list of mods as long as my arm

2013 Kodiak 253RBSL - 2004 Ford Expedition
Panhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #16

Florida
Actually I have a 2010 Dutchman (Coleman) 240RB....If you look in the Mods forum I did and a few things, still doing more...LOL

Anderson Hitch
Coneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote