Looking at Aerolite 213RBSL...power stabilizing jacks? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #1

Georgia
Looking at Aerolite 213RBSL...power stabilizing jacks?

First off my wife and I have not yet bought the Aerolite 213RBSL but we are seriously considering it. We REALLY wanted a King bed and an outside kitchen in a TT that we can tow with my F150 XLT 5L V8 (has full factory towing package.) It's just my wife and I and this particular TT looks very promising.

I have a question concerning the power stabilizer jacks. Most ultralites I see have the manual kind so you can see what is happening and move them up and down manually. What happens if the power jacks on the Aerolite don't work....is there a manual over ride so that you can bring the jacks up so you can at least get home and get the TT to the shop for repairs?

Krazy Kajun

Krazy Kajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:07 PM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Welcome to the forums!

All of the power stabilizers that I have dealt with on TT's have the ability to do a manual override. Depending on the brand, you either just crank them up manually or remove the motor head, then crank them up. Some of the newer units are going to the hydraulic jacks like they use on motor homes, those are a totally different animal.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:29 PM   #3

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Kajun View Post
First off my wife and I have not yet bought the Aerolite 213RBSL but we are seriously considering it. We REALLY wanted a King bed and an outside kitchen in a TT that we can tow with my F150 XLT 5L V8 (has full factory towing package.) It's just my wife and I and this particular TT looks very promising.

I have a question concerning the power stabilizer jacks. Most ultralites I see have the manual kind so you can see what is happening and move them up and down manually. What happens if the power jacks on the Aerolite don't work....is there a manual over ride so that you can bring the jacks up so you can at least get home and get the TT to the shop for repairs?

Krazy Kajun
Yes there is. If you look at the side of the stabilizer opposite side from the motor there is a coupler where you can connect a hand crank or drill. The stabilizers on my 213 are made be Lippert - if you Google Lippert Power Stabilizer Jacks you can look at a manual and the instructions to do this. Pretty simple. although it might take a while in manual mode to crank them up. Hope I never have to try it.

BTW, its just my wife and I also and we selected the 2016 213 in August for similar reasons, king size bed, outdoor kitchen and a real shower We love it! I have already made some mods on ours - if you search you can find them! Best of luck!

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
2013 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Tow Package
gjwinner850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:55 PM   #4

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwinner850 View Post
Yes there is. If you look at the side of the stabilizer opposite side from the motor there is a coupler where you can connect a hand crank or drill. The stabilizers on my 213 are made be Lippert - if you Google Lippert Power Stabilizer Jacks you can look at a manual and the instructions to do this. Pretty simple. although it might take a while in manual mode to crank them up. Hope I never have to try it.

BTW, its just my wife and I also and we selected the 2016 213 in August for similar reasons, king size bed, outdoor kitchen and a real shower We love it! I have already made some mods on ours - if you search you can find them! Best of luck!
I finally had a chance to look at some of your mod threads...very nice. I also see that you do not live very far from me (I'm close to Athens GA). If you don't mind I'd like to contact you outside of the forum at some point to get some real world advice before we actually buy the Aerolite...I've got many questions.

Kajun
Old 10-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #5

Texas
Welcome aboard!

That little 213 has a cult following around here. It is an amazing bang-for-buck package, in my opinion. It might be small, but it is loaded with amenities and an easy tow considering.

By the way, I think the manual cranking tool is actually supplied with the RV. I know I have some funny looking crank-tool that I assume is for that purpose.

As for the King size bed...............it is often mentioned as one of the most desirable attributes of the 213'ers. But it was the FIRST thing I got rid of. (About 15 minutes after I got it home) My mod isn't for everyone, of course, but it sure opened up the place and made available an entire additional "reading room" and a set of Chester drawers for long term camping.
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:50 PM   #6

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
Welcome aboard!

That little 213 has a cult following around here. It is an amazing bang-for-buck package, in my opinion. It might be small, but it is loaded with amenities and an easy tow considering.

By the way, I think the manual cranking tool is actually supplied with the RV. I know I have some funny looking crank-tool that I assume is for that purpose.

As for the King size bed...............it is often mentioned as one of the most desirable attributes of the 213'ers. But it was the FIRST thing I got rid of. (About 15 minutes after I got it home) My mod isn't for everyone, of course, but it sure opened up the place and made available an entire additional "reading room" and a set of Chester drawers for long term camping.
Interesting.....you have a picture of what it looks like, with a smaller bed and the drawers>
Old 10-21-2016, 08:07 PM   #7

Texas
I have pics in this thread, but before I added the Chester Drawers. The second page has a pic of the reading-room area with the Lazy Boy that the kind folks on this forum pointed me towards.

I'll find a pic of drawers. But you can see in the pictures the big empty wall space between the bed and the front door of the 213. On that wall I added a 6 drawer high setup.

Another mod I made was replacing the articulating Television mount with one that can extend much farther away from the wall. That allows the TV to be angled unlimited. It literally can be positioned perfectly for the dining area, the reading area, or bed. And the bathroom door can still open without hitting it.

Edit:

Here are the drawers. Lightweight. Actually 2 3-drawer units stacked.
Nothing fancy. But fully functional.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:20 PM   #8

Georgia
Ok, NOW you've got my attention. My wife and I were struggling not going to a large RV (Imagine 2600RB)...we really liked the "theater seating" but putting a lazy boy in the Aerolite...that is WAY cool. I also remarked to my wife that I'd have to change out the articulating arm for the TV. If you've got the part number for that I'd appreciate it.

Also, the Lazy boy chair....you have a stock number for it....and how is it affixed to the floor so that it does not move around during transport.

Man I'm liking this board.....lots of helpful folks.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:29 PM   #9

Texas
During transport, I am guessing the chair is trapped between the slide-out and the bed. The drawers I would "unstack". They wouldn't be a problem either, in my opinion.

Having said all that, you better check with the wife on that "sleeping car" style bed arrangement! (It is very much like a sleeping car in a train) Somebody will be the climber-over-er.
I personally LOVE the cozy feeeeel. And I still get to enjoy the modern electronics mounted above. It's simply awesome!
The overhead cabinets are FAR easier to use. and the small end table next to the Lazy boy serves as the night stand when I am in bed.

Like I said......the 213 has a cult following here. It's so versatile.

Note: I didn't destroy anything removing the under mattress storage and King Size mattress. I can put it back exactly like it was in less than 15 minutes.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:35 PM   #10

Texas
Here is the TV-Mount.

Hey, I gotta wonder about something. My brother-from-another-mother is from Louisiana. (Sulpher) So I'm sorry, but HE is THE crazy cajun. I just can't imagine there is anyone that could warrant him relinquishing that crown.

So...........??????
Old 10-21-2016, 08:45 PM   #11

Georgia
Quote:
I finally had a chance to look at some of your mod threads...very nice. I also see that you do not live very far from me (I'm close to Athens GA). If you don't mind I'd like to contact you outside of the forum at some point to get some real world advice before we actually buy the Aerolite...I've got many questions.

Kajun
No problem, just message me in the forum and I will give you my e-mail or cell. Like Snakebitten said there is a bunch of us 213 owners on here and we share info here - this is a great place to learn quickly on your camper.

Also, I have never received anything but good real world advise here to date. Really a good group of people on here!

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 10-21-2016, 08:52 PM   #12

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
I have pics in this thread, but before I added the Chester Drawers. The second page has a pic of the reading-room area with the Lazy Boy that the kind folks on this forum pointed me towards.

I'll find a pic of drawers. But you can see in the pictures the big empty wall space between the bed and the front door of the 213. On that wall I added a 6 drawer high setup.

Another mod I made was replacing the articulating Television mount with one that can extend much farther away from the wall. That allows the TV to be angled unlimited. It literally can be positioned perfectly for the dining area, the reading area, or bed. And the bathroom door can still open without hitting it.

Edit:

Here are the drawers. Lightweight. Actually 2 3-drawer units stacked.
Nothing fancy. But fully functional.

Now Snakebitten, that is the first time I've seen pics - Great Job & Looks nice!
Kajun, if you look on my mod thread 213RBSL-Has anyone installed a Bumper Cargo Carrier, Snakebitten was nice enough give us a link to that TV Mount. I plan on grabbing one and installing it in the fall after I get done with some other mods

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 10-21-2016, 09:15 PM   #13

Texas
If anyone is wondering..........

That mattress is NOT a custom size. It is the "Standard Full Size" (Not U.S.A Full)
It fits exactly between the two closets.
What you can't see is that since I have the mattress pulled forward to line up with the front edge of the deck, that leaves about 3 inches of space between the other side of the mattress and the front wall of the RV.

That full length 3" space is very handy. I keep the books I am reading, my computer tablet, a back scratcher , and sometimes a glass of Iced Tea over there. Works great.

The pictures make it look far more cramped than it really is.
Me and the precious missus spent many a night snuggled up in a pup-tent and air mattress. This setup is far from a sacrifice if you actually enjoy each others company. lol

Also, I have moved the drawers over next to the door since that picture was taken. That makes getting into the closet much easier, AND created a nice cubby hole down on the floor for my boots and slippers.

I'm going on my 6th month of living in this little thing. I really wasn't sure if I was cut out for tiny-house living. And I have no reason to do it if I don't honestly enjoy it.

Oh, one other "inch saving" mod...........
I unscrewed just ONE of the pedestal feet from the floor under the dining table. That allows me to pivot the table top at various angles. It still maintains plenty of stability by having one of the feet bolted. And you would be shocked at how much access you gain by spinning the table a bit. This also does no damage and can be reversed to original status in minutes. Give it a try!

(My dining room needs to double as a place to eat and my office at times. I can sit there far longer in comfort now that my belly isn't crowded. )
Old 04-05-2017, 01:58 AM   #14

Tennessee
Quote:

Krazy Kajun

Yes there is a crank that you turn manually
You Aerolite will come with the crank handle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote