Looking at 2014 Aerolites - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2015, 03:25 PM   #11

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillTx View Post
Those that have the 282DBHS, can you answer a question. We were checking out/buying in Houston (hotter than the hubs of h*ll) this camper yesterday. I had concerns about the AC and asked them to plug in and cool it down for me mid day. Bath room and interior cooled. Master bedroom didn't get much air and I want to be cold when I sleep. They offered to ass a 110 AC to master. This would work, via the air vent and was an additional $1200 which we would negotiate. My concerns are the AC and if it really OK pulling with a 1/2 ton truck or SUV? Any advice. The floor plan is great and compact and I LOVE the king size bed and bunks that lift for bikes and kayaks. Thank you!
First, you should be ok towing with a 1/2 as long as it's rating exceeds the weight. I just pulled up the weights at Dutchman and it listed as 6210 empty with a 869 tongue weight. If you vehicle has a tow package, it sounds like you would be good. If it doesn't, you may be over weight. So first thing is to check you vehicles capacity. There is kind a unwritten standard, that you want to try to stay under 80% of you tow vehicle max rating. If its listed for 9500LBS, and your trailer is 7600, you be more then good. I missed the 80% with mine, its more like 90% but all my weights are under max ratings.
Looking at your floor plan, not sure why you would need a A/C in the bedroom, its appears to be pretty open. Maybe a fan to blow a little more air up to the bedroom. If its a 90+ degree day and its sitting in direct sunlight, most trailers A/C will run continuously to try to keep it cool. Then come evening time, the trailer can turn to a refrigerator if you want it to. The only thing I would say for sure, is has a 13500BTU A/C then maybe you should try to find one that has a 15000BTU.

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, 250kbs, 282dbhs, aerolite