Kodiak Owners? Anyone? Anyone? - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2018, 06:59 PM   #21

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
Appreciate the replies. I wish there were more
I own a 283 bhs, if you buy a new one always look and walk on top, mine had three leaks in two wks . My problem is I bought from dealership 120 miles from service, and check roofing around edges, loose about 2 to 3 inches, wasn't stuck down, ck the AC while on roof, the fins on mine were all bend over, had to buy tool and an hour to stright en up. AND. Sales man told me it was a 15000 btu, papers, book shows its a 13500, want cool lower that 83 degrees in day time, so have to have three fans going, and if solar equipped make them give you the plug in the TT has a male, took me three months to find the female, Dealer wanted me to by kit 1200. Dollars, and after you settle on price, tell them oh yah, I'll take it if you put ladder and power jack on it, one more if it has outdoor kitchen, make sure grill work's when connected to quick coupler, mine still doesn't work, bought in September , any other Q,s just ask, and I also would make sure it had 15 " tires and rims w/ 8 or 10 ply tires

djames37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:11 PM   #22

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
Second post on the Dutchmen Forum (long time on other rv forum).
Debating between Kodiak 201QB and Aspen Trail 1900
Would like to know about any delamination issues with the Kodiak line.
That's my biggest hang up.
Any other "insider" knowledge you'd like to pass along, I'm all ears.
We have an aluminum sided TT now and no experience with laminated TTs
Previously owned Class As, tent trailers and now a TT.
Thanks for any replies They will be much appreciated.
They didn't put my list of things to check, start on the top, ck ever thing and make sure it works, sit relax, go eat, think about it, check, ask questions again, then talk about closing deal, my 2016 siding is fine 283bhs, had outdoor kitchen, be sure to ask about the AC, I would get a 15,000 btu 12000 or 13,500 isn't enough in tr he south or west

Old 06-04-2018, 11:11 PM   #23

Texas
2017 Kodiak 233RBSL stored outside, other than a couple of broken vent covers from hail, no issues!
Yayo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #24

Oklahoma
My kodiak has a over fill, when it's full, it just runs out on the ground
Old 06-08-2018, 01:09 PM   #25
Bob

Minnesota
We have a 2017 201QB and love it.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:49 PM   #26

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
We have a 2017 201QB and love it.
Hello, yes I used to like our Kodiak 201QB very much but when I look deep down at the construction it leaves a lot to be desired. I had the fresh water tank sagging problem that Keystone said was my own fault so I looked at the supports for the other tanks and reinforced them, while doing so I also looked for the vent for the belly heating and could not find it. I know where it is inside, just towards the rear of the trailer next to the heater so I pulled the duct to find the hole was not all the way through the floor, even if it was it would be on top of the grey water tank and thus not heat the underbelly. It needs to go towards the forward side of the heater and it would then go down between the grey and fresh tanks and warm the underbelly. What wonderful quality control. I wonder how many are built this way and it may be why so many people question if the 201QB is really all season. You will need to remove the panel that covers the water pump and look to the rear to see the vent. I would like so hear from anyone that finds the same issue.
AETHERIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #27

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AETHERIA View Post
Hello, yes I used to like our Kodiak 201QB very much but when I look deep down at the construction it leaves a lot to be desired. I had the fresh water tank sagging problem that Keystone said was my own fault so I looked at the supports for the other tanks and reinforced them, while doing so I also looked for the vent for the belly heating and could not find it. I know where it is inside, just towards the rear of the trailer next to the heater so I pulled the duct to find the hole was not all the way through the floor, even if it was it would be on top of the grey water tank and thus not heat the underbelly. It needs to go towards the forward side of the heater and it would then go down between the grey and fresh tanks and warm the underbelly. What wonderful quality control. I wonder how many are built this way and it may be why so many people question if the 201QB is really all season. You will need to remove the panel that covers the water pump and look to the rear to see the vent. I would like so hear from anyone that finds the same issue.
If you have ever watched that assembly video, you would know that speed in building these products is everything. there is NO quality control while they are building as fast as they are and I don't think they even inspect them until they are done and then, it's just a cursory inspection. I don't think they even go back and are given the time to correct an obvious mistake when they make one.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote