Kodiak 255BHSL - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #21

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumegrad View Post
Speaking of kids, perhaps the greatest things was watching other campground kids come grab our shy kids and play games all evening, laughing hysterically the whole time. Reminded me if my childhood AND that we need to occasionally lose all their electronic devices.

There was something about waking at 5:30am and sitting outside alone with a cup of coffee. That alone defined relaxation for me.
Campgrounds are definitely happy places (mostly). I had a time in my life when I moved out of my home with my kids (5 and 7) and needed a place to stay for six months. My mom lent me her Class A and I stayed at a local campground. MUCH better environment than a cheap apartment!

My parents liked to 'camp in style' so we had a couple different campers as I grew up. I spent many weekends meeting other kids from different areas of the country and having a good time. The early morning coffee routine was my dad's routine ... and it's now mine. I love sitting out there and watching the campground wake up!

And now I need to look at my calendar and see when my next trip will be!

Old 07-19-2019, 12:34 PM   #22

Florida
It's awesome to be able to wake up and go outside in many different locations. I particularly like the mountains of N Carolina. Very, Very glad to hear you had an amazing time and now it's time for the "little upgrades" that make life easier in rv travel and the boatload of $$$ you will spend on them.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
255bhsl kodiak