Hi Everyone! New 2014 Kodiak 24BHSL Owner! Bypass ? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #1

Minnesota
Hi Everyone! New 2014 Kodiak 24BHSL Owner! Bypass ?

So happy to see an active forum for our brand! Not new to camping but new to Dutchmen. I searched but could not find a mention of the Kodiak TT info. on where the water heater bypass is hiding. Being our third rv I guess that got overlooked in our PDI and figured we could locate it for winterizing. Thank you kindly and weappreciate the assistance. Hope winter goes fast!

Luv2laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #2

Wyoming
Should be right at the tank where the pipes go in.
Welcome to the forum!

Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #3

Quebec
I assume you mean a 240BHSL. It is located under the bunk bed. There are 3 valves, one on the inlet, one on the outlet and one between the 2 lines. I closed the 2 valves on the outlet and inlet and opened the one between these two lines.

You just have to open the plywood near the wall and you will have your water heater and furnace.

Hope this helps,

2010 F-150 Lariat, 5.4L
2014 Kodiak 240 BHSL
gadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #4

Minnesota
Found it!

Yes I was typing too fast; we have the Kodiak 240bhsl. Older eyes did not see the screw set into the plywood...yes they are there and we are now in bypass mode for winter! AF in and buttoned up for the winter.Thank you so much for your quick reply!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #5

Colorado
I also have a 2014 240BHSL. I just ordered a winterizing kit:
Pump Converter Winterizer Kit - Camco 36543 - Winterizing - Camping World
Just to confirm, I need to access the water pump under the sink and install there right? Nothing is pre-setup?
rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #6

Minnesota
rcharrette: I had to remove the drawer under the stove and you can access it from there as well. Not super easy to work in a confined area. I did not see any screws to access it from the cabinet directly under the sink. Let me know if you are able to take that panel off. Would make it so much easier to access the pump.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:39 AM   #7

Colorado
No, my mistake it is through the drawer. My kit should arrive in the next day or two then I get to crawl in there and have fun!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #8

Quebec
I have removed the panel in mine by carefully pushing from behind. Got it out in one piece. To my surprise it was glued and tacked. I had to move the water pump a little to install the winterizing valve kit. One hose would have been binding on the panel.

I will make a shelf above the pump since this is lost space that could be used. I will also re arrange the panel with hinges so the pump is easily accessed next fall.

2010 F-150 Lariat, 5.4L
2014 Kodiak 240 BHSL
Old 10-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #9

Colorado
Ok, got her all winterized! I did have a problem though. With the bypass kit installed I could not get it to suck antifreeze from the bottle (yes the valve was in the correct position. I checked it 10 times!). I was killing myself trying to figure out what was going on. Anyway then I thought maybe the filter was the problem and I was getting ready to remove that but that didn't make sense as this should be a permanent install. Anyway, in the end I just ended up removing the line at the filter/pump connection and connecting the suction line straight in. Everything went perfect and when done I reconnected the water line and filter.
One other question. I did not find "low point" lines (hot/cold) under my camper. Does the 240 not have these?
Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #10

Quebec
Mine was doing the same thing, pump would not prime itself, opened a faucet and it started to pump form the jug after that.

As for low points, look under at the rear end between the dump valve and the bumper. Both of them are together. I will put valves there next spring.

The one for the water tank is located almost between the axles, very very poor design. I will modify that so I don't have to go under to empty the tank.

How hard would it be for them to install one more foot of line and a valve near the trailer side???

2010 F-150 Lariat, 5.4L
2014 Kodiak 240 BHSL
Old 10-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #11

Colorado
Thanks for the help, I found them. I was looking for something coming through the underbelly cover!